Life as Schumacher - part 1

Okay, so I haven't written a whole story or anything just yet, but I thought that I would do a shorter story about the days in the Schumacher family. I am going to make it its own "book", but I thought I would ask your opinion first. Also I'm not too sure about the name of the story yet so don't pay too much attention to that. 

Here is the first part and I would like to know if it's something you would like to read or get more. The idea is to bring back the early days with the family as well as the reunion taking place days after my last book ended. 

Anyways, thank you for reading my book!! We're already almost at 10k and that is a lot for me, so thank you so much. 

Let me know your thought about the Back on track as well as this new part :) Stay safe yall!!

---------

Driving between the mountains in Switzerland brought back many memories. We had agreed with Mick that I would visit them after the Christmas but after the fight with my mum I hadn't been too welcomed to back home anymore and Mick had insisted that I would take a next flight there, and after a bit of arguing over the fact that I wasn't going to intrude their Christmas, especially after everything, I had had to just accept that I had no saying on this.

So here I was. I had flown to Lyon as it had been the best option now around the Christmas. There hadn't been too many options, so I had taken it and rented a car from the airport. It was going to be a three-hour drive but I didn't mind. I was pretty nervous about the visit a head of me, even though Mick had assured me that they were all very excited and looking forward to it.

Watching the scene changing in front of me reminded me of all those times I had driven here. Well I was sitting in the back, but the view hadn't changed much since then. My mind wondered back to those days.

2011

Beautiful scenes changed in front of me as I sat on the backseat of my uncle's car as we drove trough the countryside of Switzerland. I had many bags with me and the whole trip felt kind of weird. I had been hugged longer than usual by my parents and my mum had seemed little uneasy with the whole thing. She had been mad at my uncle even though either of the admitted it to me. I was ten years old not stupid.

I didn't like my mum. She thought that racing was stupid and not a real sport or even a real hobby. She had come to couple of my races if they had fitted her travel plans and job and even than she would just tell me how stupid it was. She liked Mick though. She had liked him since she first met him, and it felt a bit unfair. I liked Mick too, but it still felt bad that even though he represented everything racing was, my mum liked him and not me.

"Are we there yet?" I asked y uncle who was humming to the music.

"Almost, twenty minutes to go" he smiled to me through the mirror.

I wished my uncle was my mum. That sounded weird, but you know what I meant. I couldn't understand how my mum was his sibling, he loved racing, he was kind, and he laughed a lot. My mum was kind to other people, not me and she didn't laugh like that. Sometimes I felt bad for her, I felt like she didn't enjoy her life as much as her brother.

I was pulled out of my thoughts after a little while as a big house came to my sight and my uncle drove the car in front of it. I just stared my mouth open the building; I had never seen a house that big. Once again, my thoughts were interrupted by my uncle who opened the car door in front of me.

"Come on let's get in" he nodded to me smiling and my heart pounded a little faster. I had been told that we would go to Mick's place for some time, but I hadn't thought that his place would a castle. I stepped out of the car and looked around me. There was green grass and a lake, and it was like from a Disney movie.