1

As night fell, moonlight spilled through the immense French window and into the room. The alternating light and shadow made this place look increasingly more empty and desolate.

The sales intern Liu XiaoDai lay on top of his office desk. He felt bored to death as he fiddled with a glass bead, throwing it up and down. On the other hand, he was repeatedly checking his watch as he waited to get off of work.

Suddenly, a gust of wind blew in. A vibrant advertisement flier was blown high into the air as the sound of flapping paper filled the room, creating a scene that almost looked as if a flock of butterflies was flying upward.

A dazzling light abruptly burst out of the shadows at the end of the hallway. Liu XiaoDai's eyes widened before he stood up in such a panic, he almost overturned his swivel chair.

The air began to ripple as if one had thrown a rock into a calm pond. Unexpectedly, a vague silhouette began emerging from the brilliant light. As the outline of this silhouette slowly became clearer, the light also began dimming.

Only now could Liu XiaoDai see that the silhouette was the figure of a grown man. He was quite tall and had a straight back, however, he was also rather thin.

He walked out step by step from the center of the light. His pace seemed to be in time with some kind of strange rhythm, and the distance between each step was exactly the same.

Finally, the man stood right in front of him. His appearance was very handsome, but his face looked completely apathetic.

Liu XiaoDai had seen many remarkable people. As a salesperson working in this company, he had seen luxurious yet dignified clients, talented and elegant people, distant and haughty nobles, quiet and cold immortals, and even the most extravagant yet alluring demons. Every kind of person imaginable, from the most devastating and charming types living in the light to the ultimate beauties born in the darkness, had all been here before.

However, he had never seen someone like this.

This man didn't have an extremely magnificent appearance, but his eyes shone with the muted sunlight found on the ocean floor. An aura of indifference engulfed the man's entire body, alienating everyone around him.

And although the stranger was right in front of Liu XiaoDai, it felt more like the man had become part of a different universe.

If the veteran of watching people act like pretentious pricks, Cheng XiaoBai, was here, he would surely give Liu XiaoDai a hard slap and yell, "Wake up XiaoDai! This guy is just an accomplished poser! Can't you see the barrage of roasting comments currently rolling across his mental screen in his heart!?"

As if he had really been slapped awake, Liu XiaoDai immediately recovered from his awed state. Ah, this was probably the first business deal he would make in his career! Liu XiaoDai hurriedly extended his hand for a handshake and fumbled, "Hello, hello!"

Then, he remembered that his client was presently a soul and therefore couldn't touch any living person. He really had no manners! Liu XiaoDai hastily withdrew his hand and pushed a swivel chair toward the other person.

"Please take a seat! Let me introduce myself, I'm called Liu XiaoDai. I'm a salesperson from the villain department of the 'Rebirth Company'......no, wait, I ought to first introduce the company. Mister, you are a customer prompted here by fate. Our company slogan is 'one single-mindedly devoted to rebirth. In thirty years, there would inevitably be a life suitable for you'! Here, take a look......"

Liu XiaoDai took out a multi-coloured pamphlet from his desk. After blowing off the dust, he handed it over politely.

The person in front of him slowly sat down, his gaze calm.