Chapter 1

SAVANAH

"Ahhhhh stop it" I groaned waking up from my cosy bed. Its fall my favourite season with bright orange leaves on the sidewalk, hot coffee with my Taylor swift playlist and the chilling winds of New York city hitting on my face.

I love this city, so bright, so enthusiastic, although people are rude as a rigid stick, but it's still New York.

I am Dr Savanna Michelle Rodriguez.

I am 3rd year cardiothoracic resident surgeon at the White hill hospital NYC.

Getting up from the bed I went into my bathroom to do my business and then started to get ready for my boxing class. It's just one of the things on my wishlist such as
Learn boxing.
Learn horse riding.
Play guitar.

And many more stupid things teenagers want do but I didn't get to do them as my parents had to pay for that, not because they were poor or something it's like asking them for anything results in me getting brutally insulted.

Not that I grew up in a horrible household but it was just 2 steps behind becoming one.

It was horrible.

As I was locking my apartment door my mobile rang, it was my baby, my best friend, my everything unfortunately for her I come in the second place, first is her software boyfriend, just remembering his face creeps me out. Something is off with that guy.

Me: "Hey Jul, I am just locking my front door to meet you at the class. Okay!!"

I didn't get a response for the first time she was silent.

Juliet is never silent.

Me: "Juliet!" I asked in a louder voice. She sighed and calmly said,

Juliet: "he cheated on me Sav, he slept with the fucking whore on his friend's bachelorette and dared to bring her into his house."

Me: "I am so sorry Jul"

Juliet: "that bitch slept on my bedsheets I bought them from Walmart."

And don't judge we love Walmart.

Me: "It's okay! You are at no fault for this okay you are awesome and if he can't see that he is fucking blind then."

Juliet: "You are not supposed to say these things Sav."

Me: "What?"

She was crying I know she is, she dated that dude for 4 years, and he even gave her a promise ring for fuck sake.

Juliet: "You always told me something was off about him, and I didn't listen to you. He had been cheating on me for the past 2 years, he admitted that. He said he can't see sparks anymore, he even slept with Clara."

Hearing those words made my eyes pop out.

Me: "Chlamydia Clara?" I shouted.
Juliet: "Yes."

I came up with that name.

I am sorry, I do not judge people on their sex life but Clara is Juliet's first cousin and she just has a very annoying habit to pull me down because I can't get male attention.

Like the sole purpose of my existence.

Me: "Do you want me to come to your apartment, Jul,"

I asked I know she needs me and her cookie dough ice cream tub.

Juliet: "No I have surgery at 8 I have to get ready I will meet you at the hospital."