12

Chapter 12: Picking Flowers

Although Yin BiYue did not rest for an entire night, his mood was actually very good when he went to the meeting the next day.

He stood tall and straight, while his eyes were limpid and glittering.

When Liu QiShuang saw this, she felt extremely gratified. "It looks like junior-apprentice brother is feeling much better."

Yin BiYue nodded, "Many thanks for senior-apprentice sister's concern." Then, he looked toward Jun Yu and Duan ChongXuan, "Many thanks to eldest senior-apprentice brother and fifth junior-apprentice brother."

What he thanked them for was the visits during his captivity in the dungeons, and their kindness when they protected him last time in the Palace Hall.

Even though Liu QiShuang and Duan ChongXuan hadn't helped him the way he had wanted......but when all was said and done, the outcome had been a success.

Liu QiShuang saw the youth's sincere expression and felt a bit guilty in her heart.

She felt that she had never fulfilled her responsibility as a senior-apprentice sister. This time, she didn't really do much either. However, even after this teenager underwent so much harm and torment, he was still sincere and grateful as he expressed his thanks toward them. His temperament was truly, extremely good.

As expected, the meeting location was Jun Yu's 'Primary Courtyard.' Like before, the chairs and table were provided by Duan ChongXuan.

After Yin BiYue thanked everyone, he looked at Jun Yu. He knew that since there was a meeting, this eldest senior-apprentice brother must have something to say. 

The man clothed in black sat there in an upright position. He held himself tall and straight, like a sword that could be unsheathed at any moment, emanating a dense, cold aura.

Jun Yu gazed at his two junior-apprentice brothers before saying, "In three months, it will be Zhong Ming Mountain's Flower Picking Festival. The two of you should go and take a look."

Since he didn't talk often, his voice seemed somewhat frigid, sluggish and rough, while his tone was stiff.  

Liu QiShuang added on, "Ming Lake's Thousand Leaf Lotus has the ability to 'eliminate anxiety and resolve a heart's melancholy'. By chance, the two of you have chosen the most fortunate timing to leave the Peak and travel."

Yin BiYue suddenly remembered that the Academy's Director said how it would be best if he headed southward.

And Zhong Ming Mountain was precisely on the South Continent.

This opportunity came truly fast.  

The Flower Picking Festival. What was being picked was precisely the Thousand Leaf Lotus from the Ming Lake.

On the Ming Lake, the lotus' leaves shroud the sky for a hundred acres in all directions, but there was only a single lotus flower blossom. It opened every ten years.

For a cultivator with their slow lifespans, ten years couldn't be considered as long.

However, no one was willing to wait.

Due to how the Thousand Leaf Lotus drew spiritual energy from the Zhong Ming Mountain to cultivate, other than its ability to 'eliminate anxiety and resolve a heart's melancholy', it could also purify one's constitution, improve their cultivation aptitude, and create a good foundation for one's future path in cultivating.

For cultivators below the Enlightenment stage, there wasn't a better heavenly treasure. 

Using strength to demonstrate their right to speak, the victor would climb up the mountain to pick the flower. Thus, under the foot of Zhong Ming Mountain, the name 'Flower Picking Festival' originated from this.