18

Chapter 18 (I): Bao Pu1

Like Cang Ya, Bao Pu Sect was also located in the Western Continent, with one in the South and one in the North. On opposite ends, Bao Pu Sect faced Cang Ya Mountain in a distant manner, and was one of the 'Three Mountain Sects'. When people mentioned the Western Continent, the first thing they would think of would be Cang Ya Mountain. And right after that, they would remember Bao Pu Sect.

A lot of people had forgotten, but two thousand years ago, Bao Pu Sect had been the number one Sect of the Western Continent. Their prestige and influence had far exceeded Cang Ya Mountain's.

This would have continued to be the case......had Cang Ya Mountain not birthed a Sword Saint. In addition, this Sword Saint's relationship with Bao Pu Sect was very terrible.

In other words, Cang Ya Mountain's rise was accompanied by Bao Pu Sect's decline.

The wheel of history continued to roll onwards, casting behind their days of glory. Slowly, the prestige they once had was annihilated by the dust.

However, there were always people unwilling to forget the honours one no longer had, and even fewer accepted this fact.

The resentment within Bao Pu Sect had already been stewing for the past one thousand and six hundred years. Like the Taiji array that remained unchanged over time, this resentment was also passed down generation after generation.

For the purpose of avoiding inconveniences, before they had set off, Luo MingChuan had released his aura; the oppressing might of a cultivator in the Revelation realm.

Sure enough, mountain bandits and small fry all avoided them and scattered, saving them a lot of trouble. However, they hadn't expected that there was another group of cultivators rushing toward the Flower Picking Festival along the Panlong Mountain range, a route where perils were near but help was distant. To them, Luo MingChuan's oppressing aura appeared somewhat like a provocation.

Thus, their current situation was formed. 

Among the people dressed in light blue robes, a lone cultivator walked out. He was merely at the early-stage of the Soul Manifestation cultivation realm. But despite facing down Luo MingChuan, who was in the Revelation realm, the cultivator's attitude was incredibly domineering and imposing. "Bao Pao Sect is handling our affairs. Where did this small fry spring from to obstruct the path?"

Originally, Luo MingChuan had intended to let them go first.

However, when the Bao Pu Sect disciple said that, although he had already been leaning to one side in preparation to move, Luo MingChuan suddenly paused. Then, instead of making way, he performed a ceremonial salute.

"Cang Ya Mountain, Xi Qian Peak, Luo MingChuan."

By now, both Yin BiYue and Duan ChongXuan had already made their way there, and were just in time to hear Luo MingChuan introduce himself. Thus, Yin BiYue also greeted them with a ceremonial salute. "Cang Ya Mountain, Xi Hua Peak, Yin BiYue."

"Xi Hua Peak, Duan ChongXuan."

Although the three of them had greeted them with a half salute, the Bao Pu Sect group had to return a full salute.

This was because Luo MingChuan was Cang Ya Mountain's succeeding disciple, while Yin BiYue and Duan ChongXuan were the Sword Saint's disciples. But as for the Bao Pu Sect group, all of them were merely third-generation disciples.

The Bao Pu Sect disciple who had spoken up managed to snap out of his shock. His complexion had already become ashen, but he still led his group to return a salute.

When Luo MingChuan had announced his name, he had nearly broke into loud curses. Did they think he was a stupid, three year old urchin, one that believed in any lies? Why would Cang Ya Mountain's chief disciple be dressed poor rags like this?!