Chapter 135

At least I have a clear conscience

    Meng Manglong was silent for a while on the other end of the phone: "Really?"

    "Well," Bai Xiangsheng nodded, the mild winter sunlight reflected in his eyes, shining like stars, "I've been working for so long, I'm really tired. I want to rest for a while, and then think about career planning."

    "What else are you thinking about?" Meng Manglong smiled smugly over there, "My husband is rich. Don't worry, my husband has earned so many years. It's all for you, if you're willing, I'll be happier if I keep you for the rest of my life."

    "Come on," Bai Xiangsheng rolled his eyes at the air, "I'm bored at home all day long, looking at you all day long. All right, I'll pack up a batch of things and go back today, I'll handle the follow-up matters myself, and I'll let you know when the time comes."

    Hanging up the phone, he walked all the way to his consulting room.

    He also used this clinic for a long time, saying that without emotion, it was impossible.

    He stood in the center of the room and looked around, all of them looked familiar.

    After working for so many years, having completed the five-year training program, getting used to getting up early and staying up late every day, and accustomed to the all-night delivery and surgery, Bai Xiangsheng was a little surprised when he recalled all this, after all these years, it was like a machine Like, working tirelessly.

    As soon as he broke free from this paralyzed state, he felt a tremendous amount of fatigue rushing into his heart.

    He still remembers that a few years ago, he had a continuous morning operation and was about to go downstairs for lunch when he received a call from the ward saying that there was a pregnant woman with poor fetal heart monitoring, non-responsive NST type, low biophysical score, suspected intrauterine distress. He hurriedly turned his head and went back. By the time he came out of the operating room, he was exhausted and weak. One accident, he rolled down the stairs.

    When I woke up later, it was in the neurology department and was diagnosed with a mild concussion.

    After being a doctor for so many years, he asked himself that he had never neglected any patient or relaxed any operation. Even if the mother and her family are slack, the doctor who most expects the patient to be safe and healthy is the doctor who treats him.

    But after so many years, he was really tired and it was time to rest.

    Bai Xiangsheng sorted out some important things from the cabinets and drawers and put them in a small box. There is also a photo of him and his doctoral supervisor, his mentor.

    Although the teacher has passed away, Bai Xiangsheng has asked himself for so many years until today, and he has never failed his teacher's teaching.

    worth it.

    His eyes were red and wet, he straightened his back solemnly, and bowed deeply towards the picture of his teacher.

    After a long time, he took the things and walked out of his clinic with a straight back and a bright smile.

    It feels so good to have a clear conscience.

    He walked all the way to Yu Baoyuan's ward, saw several cardboard boxes piled up in the ward, and said in surprise, "You are... going to be discharged?"

    "Yes," Yu Baoyuan nodded. "The old expert visited the situation last time and agreed to be discharged from the hospital. I have asked the bodyguard at the door to help with the procedures. Besides, there are people in the hospital who want to use children as test materials. I can still Are you Anxin staying here?"

    Bai Xiangsheng looked at the scene in the ward and suddenly smiled: "That's a coincidence."

    "What coincidence?" Yu Baoyuan wondered.

    Bai Xiangsheng opened his hands with a smile in his eyes: "Look, is there any difference between me and before?" Yu Baoyuan was silent for a while after hearing this question, resting his chin in one hand, frowning at Bai Xiangsheng After examining his body carefully, he said after a long time, "Compared to before... your face is fatter?"

    "No! No!" This time, Bai Xiangsheng's always cold cheeks miraculously turned into a pig's liver color." I'm not wearing a coat, can't you see it?"

    "Oh, so," Yu Baoyuan nodded clearly, "I thought you just took it off temporarily."

    "Resigned," Bai Xiangsheng said very easily, "I don't plan to Keep doing it here."

    Yu Baoyuan was a little surprised: "You just quit your job so neatly? This is your favorite career, you don't want to think about it anymore?"

    "It's over," Bai Xiangsheng sat down beside the bed, reaching out and gently shaking Gu Jiarui The sleeping little cradle, listening to the child's shallow breathing, "After so many years, I have completed everything I wanted to accomplish. It's enough."

    "Your boss Meng has also heard about it?"

    Bai Xiangsheng listened to it. When I got here, I laughed, and there was a gentle smile in my eyes: "He, he wants me to resign. I'm busy with work, so I don't have much time to spend with him. Now that I'm fine, I just can spend more time with him, You can also set aside time to take good care of my family Yanyan, how good."

    Yu Baoyuan took Gu Jiarui out of the cradle, held it in his hand, and said with a smile, "So...congratulations?"

    Bai Xiangsheng stretched out his hand, and said with a smile. Yu Baoyuan slapped his hands.