xxxiv. Stain

얼룩

얼룩

MINA WAS DREADING for this day to come. Bitna mentioned it the week before; the 'bring-your-parent-to-school-to-show-their-career-day.' Technically, it was just Career Day, but the parent factor was what made Mina nervous. Thankfully for her, her father refused to come at all. She would not have wanted her father to come and be an asshole just so that her classmates would think the same of her as well.

However, as she sat in the cafeteria during lunch, with her other classmates with one of their parents, it made her a bit jealous. She wished she could have a close relationship with her parent as they did. She wished she could be proud to show off her parent to her friends.

"Here, have my chicken katsu," said the man across from Mina, sitting beside her best friend. "You look starved!" he exclaimed as he transferred some of his food onto Mina's tray.

"Thank you, sir," Mina smiled slightly at Bitna's father. The cafeteria was full of her classmates, eating with their parents and talking about their careers.

"Dad, what do you think of that boy over there?" Bitna mumbled to her father, discreetly pointing at a boy sitting a few tables away with his father. It was Taehyung, her boyfriend, who her father had yet to know existed.

Bitna's father was always protective of her, his huge complex often scaring many boys away from her. She had been waiting for the right time to tell her parents about Taehyung; but Bitna being Bitna, she was consistently putting it off for a later time. She was known to be diligent at being undiligent.

"He's okay. Looks like he can't lift a water bottle, though. Look at his arms," her father chuckled to himself, obviously amused at his own joke as Bitna sighed from beside him. She definitely couldn't tell him at that moment that Taehyung was her boyfriend.

"I'm going to get napkins. I'll be right back," Mina smiled at the two before standing up, making her way to the utensil table beside the food. As she walked by her classmates, laughing with their friends and parents, she couldn't help but wonder what it would be like if her mother was still alive. She definitely would be having fun at that moment if she were there, not having to worry about how her classmates viewed her. That seemed nice.

"Minnie!" A voice brought Mina out of her thoughts and she looked at the source, seeing Yunho sitting down next to her, a woman beside him.

The woman turned around, a pure smile on her face that mirrored Yunho's signature smile perfectly.

"Why, who's this?" Yunho's mother asked as she stood up, taking her hand out for Mina to shake. She smiled widely before gently placing her hand in hers, bowing slightly as she shook her hand.

"I'm Minnie, it's very nice to meet you! You must be Yunho's sister," Mina smiled brightly, eliciting a surprised laugh from her joke, along with Yunho who stood up as well, his height causing him to tower over the two of them.