33: Stuck

"Morning, prom queen." I greeted Elena when I saw her walk down the stairs with her hair all over the place it was kind of hot. "Oh good, you're wearing a shirt." She gave me a face. Half confused and half hangover. "Uh, nothing," I recalled the morning when I woke up and we're both under the blanket in her bed. All snuggled up and warm. I cursed at myself for not waking up earlier and getting back to my room. I did manage to escape her tight embrace. And I'm giving myself a lot of credit on that because she was so cuddly and smells like lavender. "Take a seat." I gave her a glass of water and some ibuprofen. "You. Are an angel." She said in a hoarse morning voice. I could collapse then and there. "Yeah, well you were pretty stoned last night." 

"What happened last night? All I can remember is a bright light shining right in front of me." She says. "Oh, you mean the polaroid?" I snatched her photo from the fridge. "You look so cute here. Can I keep it?" I asked. She smiled lazily. "All yours." 

"Thanks for the breakfast. The rain hasn't stopped, huh." Elena asked. "About that, I have some bad news." 

"Roads are closed?" She said when I pulled out my phone to show her the news headline. "And it won't be open till tomorrow. The grocery stores are closed too. Apparently, we're in the middle of a storm." She sighed. "Well, we could just go out and get something to eat later at lunch." I glanced at the clock on the wall. "It's 11:15" She looked up too. "I've been asleep all morning??" And naked. "Yes. So this is lunch. I'm saving these canned meat for dinner tonight."

"Because we're.."

 "Stuck here."