Chapter 92

After his birthday in March, Remus was at last of age, and Diana turned seventeen in mid-April. That being said, they were both allowed to give their Apparition test which was held near the end of April in Hogsmeade.

     Diana couldn't believe that she passed the test, because even during their Apparition lessons, she always left an eyelash behind or even one or two strands of her hair. Remus, however, had no difficulty when it came to Apparating and Disapparating.

     But the Apparition hadn't been the only thing that worried Diana. She was growing restless and even annoyed at her private Divination lessons with Professor Tenebris, because it turned out to be a big disappointment.

     Only two years ago, Diana would've laughed at anyone who believed in Divination and took it seriously. But now she couldn't believe that she had actually paid for different Divination books and bought all that she could find in Hogsmeade, hoping that they could help her with her visions.

     From Unfogging the Future, The Dream Oracle, and The Oracle of Palombo, to Death Omens: What To Do When You Know The Worst Is Coming, Diana would stay up all night, reading through them. She had never felt more ridiculous.

     All a bunch of stupid superstitions. There's no such thing as death omens, she would think to herself bitterly, slamming her book shut.

     After their Apparition test that day in Hogsmeade, Remus and Diana decided to take a stroll around the village and return to the castle a bit later. After long months of cold winter and snowy clouds, the sun shone proudly in the sky and flowers bloomed wherever the looked.

"The weather's getting warm again," Diana said gloomily, looking around the village which had been covered in a white sheet of snow only a month ago.

"Is that so bad?" Remus asked her with a smile, his hands in his jacket's pockets.

"It's not bad, but I'll just miss wearing my socks." She pulled up the cuff of her trousers, revealing the long and woolly socks which Remus had bought her for Valentine's day, which had little chocolates on them as the pattern.

"You can be a big weirdo sometimes, you know. And you call me dorky," he said with a chuckle as they walked down the crowded village.

She gave him a look. "Remus, you carry chocolate with you wherever you go, you're always reading, you wear oversized dorky sweaters, and you fold your socks. If that's not a sign of a real dork, then I don't know what is."

"Maybe." Remus shrugged resignedly but then gave her a playful smile. "But let's not forget the fact that you fold your socks, too. Not to mention that your favorite thing about winter is wearing your woolly socks, and you still have one of my oversized sweaters, which you refuse to return. So if anything, you're just as dorky as me, darling."

Diana let out a loud laughter. "I had a whole badass comeback prepared to say until you called me 'darling'."

"Oh, right... sorry." Remus pursed his lips together, blushing. "I forgot that you hated those cheesy pet names."

"To be honest... I don't think I hate them entirely," Diana confessed, unable to prevent the goofy grin that made its way through her face. "But I am starting to feel like a hypocrite."

"Why?"

"Well, I always used to tease Layla about how her boyfriends called her by these stupid nicknames. Like pumpkin, dollface, princess, marshmallow... blurgh!" Diana grimaced in disgust only thinking about it, making Remus laugh.