꧁ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝙾𝚗𝚎: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙳𝚒𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚛 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚢 ꧂

꧁ 𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ꧂

IN 1864,
Skyler's life changed forever the day she died alongside her brothers, however in the weeks after, she noticed an even bigger change than her new appetite; her brother had become a monster.

Well actually, he was a ripper but, she didn't know that yet. All she knew was that he was changing. She didn't recognize him anymore.

One day, Skyler was chatting with her elder brother, Damon, who hadn't changed nearly as much as her twin had. His hair was still the same shaggy curly mess it always was, his clothes stayed the same even, the only thing that had changed was the look in his eyes. There was something missing from them; life. Still, he kept his humanity.

Damon and Skyler walk into their living room to find Stefan had company in the way of several girls, no doubt compelled to be there. His face and shirt were covered in blood and when he looked over at them, he snarled.

Unlike Stefan.

Skyler screwed up her face.

"What have you done now brother?" She questioned.

"I brought enough to share." Stefan told them carelessly.

Skyler stared at her twin brother in utter shock and disbelief. It had only been a few weeks, and yet, already she didn't recognize him; he was but a fragment of the man he used to be — the brother she used to know.

She couldn't help but wonder if she would even be able to remember who he used to be in a few decades.

"Are you mad bringing them here when the entire town is hunting us?" Damon questioned as Stefan pushes a girl into his arms.

"Oh Damon if you're worried about the founding families, please don't be." Stefan responded not an ounce of remorse in his voice, "They're all dead or about to be."

Skyler's eyes widened as she stared at her twin in shock, "What have you done?"

She thought of the founding families at that moment. She knew them, all of them, they all did, and he didn't even seem to care that he murdered them.

Oh god, her hand clasped her mouth as she came to a startling realization.

Hadrian.

He had killed Hadrian, her fiancé.

Stefan didn't seem to care even as his twin began to cry, he turned around going to one of the girls and biting down on her neck.

Damon looked down, compelling the girl Stefan had pushed into his arms, "Leave this place. Never think of it again."

"Same for you," he said dragging his brother off the girl, "Leave this place. Never think of it again."

Still grappling with the realization that her brother — her twin brother — had killed Hadrian, Skyler stayed silent, unable to do anything but stare as the scene played out.

"Damon, don't be like this. I'm just having some fun."

Skyler's lip wobbled as she stared at him, "You killed him." She whispered, their eyes going to her immediately, "You killed Hadrian and you don't even care!" She screamed, not caring how Damon and Stefan winced at her volume, "You don't even care!" She sobbed, falling to her knees.