Chapter 36 - red... and blue?

Belles Pov

February 14th
Valentine's day

Vote because mommy ella said so, tap the screen and click the orange star in the bottom left corner ;)

"OW! GO EASY, Please!" Leo chuckles to himself, holding my left hand. I squeezed it as hard as possible, simply out of spite. Since he's the one making me get a little heart tattoo.

"I cant believe you dragged me into this. Just you wait until it's your turn." The Tattoo artist was laughing at the two of us, bickering since we walked in here. "It's true Leo, you won't be so smug when you get it."

Leo's happy little face drops into a... not so happy one. "Okay Belle, you're done." I glance down at my right hand, seeing a little black heart, traced into my pinky.

"So Leo, your turn now. Just remember it's gonna hurt." A lady helped me wrap my finger and I sat beside Leo, waiting until the pen made contact with his pinky.

Low and behold, as soon as it did, he screamed. And I don't mean a masculine, deep and low scream, I mean a four year old little girl scream.

Watching the tattoo artist trying not to laugh was the funniest part. "Told you." Leo shakes his free hand from mine and flips me off.

————

"It still hurts from earlier..." Leo agrees, vaguely waving his wrapped hand in my direction. "I know, but we've gotta finish this. If we are gonna take down this son of a bitch then this is the only way."

I sigh and sit down on Leo's lap, looking at what evidence we have so far. Beth had sent me any evidence Julia had recovered, old text messages, various photos, security camera footage from the car crash. It wasn't a lot, but it would have to do.

Plus, we had loads of time. Our court date was in June and here we were, on valentine's day. Writing out all the ways I've been abused and raped, delightful.

"Can we take a break? I want to give you something, pretty please?" Leo pleads and I turn off the computer. "Fine."

He practically squeals and runs out of the room. I didn't live in Leo's house, obviously, but Theo rarely left.

Ever since we introduced Karen and Theo, they've been pretty inseparable. Karen being a little bitch to Theo and he's just happy to be involved.

Kinda like Beth and David, they are truly the most confusing and funny friendship I know.

"Okay. Close your eyes." I sigh and shut them, holding out my hands, waiting for this supposedly 'amazing' gift. He had been talking this up for weeks.

"Okay open them." I felt a box being placed into my hands along with a smaller box on top of it. "Open the big one first." I eyed him suspiciously but followed his orders, pulling the little red ribbon off the box.

I took off the lid and a beautiful red, lacey dress was looking back at me. My favorite combination. "You remember we went to that club and you asked if I was good with lace?" I nodded and pulled it out of the box.

"Well I thought I could practice on this dress."

B u t t e r f l i e s