Part 22

Eva St.Patrick pov

Gio has been weird he's been avoiding me for the last two days. Which is weird especially when my "heat" supposed to be coming. He leaves at the ass crack of dawn. Doesn't come home until late.

We'll have sex for a little bit but then he has to go on patrol. He might just be working hard I'm probably overthinking it. Sitting in bed playing candy crush it's almost one in the morning and I'm getting annoyed.

Mumbling to myself "but let me be out until eight he got an attitude. Let him keep playing with me." I whispered wiping my edges. "Who are you talking to little mate?" Looking up at him my frown dropped when I saw how tired he is.

Sighing I put my things on the my nightstand standing up. "Baby you've been working to hard" I told him putting my arms around his waist.

"It's my job little mate" he said and I sighed going into the bathroom running him a hot bubble bathe. He walked in naked and smiled at me when he saw the bath. "You know I never really took baths before I meet you" he said and I frown. "I just showered it was faster and easier" he said and I laughed as he sat in the water.

"Your not joining me?" He asked and I shook my head no he frowns putting head out I took it kissing the back of it when he gripped my wrist and pulled me in "shit! I yelled out huffing in annoyance. While he just looks at me and laughs.

He takes off my night dress and sits me between his legs. His arms around my waist as he leave wet kisses along my neck sucking on our mark.

"I gatta go back to school soon" I told him and he hmm "I think I'm going to postpone it until things get a bit more stable." I told him and he nod.

"Are you sure baby I know how much school means to you" he said kissing my neck. "Yeah but with all this I'll just be distracted. I can always go back when it's all done" I told him "it's all up to you little mate" he told me and I tilt my neck more to give him more access.
********************************************
TWO WEEKS LATER

My boobs hurt and I didn't even get my "heat" weird. Gio said it's different for everyone so I just shrug it off. Taking off my bra while I watch a movie with Dove rubbing her belly. "Girl what's wrong with you?" She asked me "I don't know my breast just hurts" I told her and she frown.

"Maybe my period coming" I told her. It's been quiet no more threats no anyone trying to pass my border. Which only makes me nervous because they have to be planning something.  So I've been on edge lately.

It's almost one in the morning and our mates are on patrol. I'm guarding my pregnant best friend. Even though it's like ten guards around the castle and three outside the door.

She talked me into a twilight marathon we're on breaking dawn part one. Sighing I lay next to her "so I heard your not going back to school" she said "I don't think I'll have the time" I told her and she frown. "Says the woman who took care of her father when he was sick. Her best friend after her parents died and maintained a five point three grade point advantage."

She said and I laughed. "Yeah but it was just you too I literally have the weight on of the world on shoulders. People are going to die if I'm not focus." I told her and she nod.

"I get wanting to protect everyone. Wanting to protect your people just don't lose yourself doing it. People are going to die regardless" she said kissing my head as it lays on her shoulder.

"You can cut your class load in half I don't like the idea of you not doing something you love for the sake of others"  sighing but nodding because she's right.

"Okay. How's my godchild treating you" I asked her and she sighs "whopping my ass I can't wait until this is over" she said and I laughed. " how far along are you.? You look like your due anyway" I told her. "In human time I'm three months. But we only stay pregnant for six" she said and my mouth drop. "Bitch what?" I said

She laughed "yeah apparently I was pregnant when I got here" she said and I laughed. "Ahh I see" I told her laughing. "When your gonna start popping out my god baby" she said and I laughed.

"No time soon Gio and I decided to wait a while. After the war and hopefully after I graduate collage"I said and she laughed.

"Ooh lord my baby!" She yelled out laughing "my brother? My brother said he'll wait" she asked and I nod "I'm serious we decided that we're going to wait until after the war atleast" I told her.

"Honey I wouldn't believe that shit" she said and I frown. "We did agree and I don't think Gio will go back on his word like that. We're not trying I'm still on birth control" I told her and she shrug.

"You know what you maybe right my brother has changed a lot when it comes to you." She said and I smiled.

"I mean you know things happen if I do get pregnant. Then we'll deal with it but We're not trying we wear condoms and on birth control" I told her and she bite her bottom lip.

"Alight then best friend" she said and continue to watch the movie. When my mate walked in looking tired. "sister I want my mate back!" Gio groaned and we laughed. "We got one more movie to watch. Either you can join or get out" dove said throughout popcorn at the door.

He pout then looked at me "but little mate I want to cuddle" she wined like the big baby he is. "But I'm already being cuddled" I told as dove giggle laying her head on my breast.

Gio growled "fine!" He said stomping his feet pushing Dove over gently then laying between my legs. Not long after Jason let Dove lay between his legs. Not long after the boys were sleep.

Dove and I snuck out the room running downstairs giggling to eat ice cream. After a while we went back in the room to see them cuddling. We took pictures as we giggle when Gio was first to wake up and see what was happing pushing Jason to ground.

As Dove and I laugh at them and the pictures "ooh I'm going to get so many shoes!!" Dove said jumping. "Stop bouncing that baby!"
I told her.