Chapter 29 | Evil grin

A week later

"I am not sure, when I'll be meeting you all" I tell my friends while chewing the almond which Naim ever so lovingly is feeding me, he has placed the phone right in front of me with the help of lots of pillows, some he even grabbed from his room and after settling it for me, he gave a video call to my friends who literally screamed when they saw my face. True friendship is when your friends blows your eardrums after hearing and seeing you after days.

"I know I said boss is a very nice man but now my heart is building tiny bit of hatred towards him, it is not at all fair because of some jerk he is not letting us meet you" Zach grumbles as he flops on the seat.

Zoe and Alia nods in agreement but a sigh leaves their lips since they are not able to do anything.

"I know he is being hard on you all, but I cannot convince him, he already looks miserable whenever he feels like I am feeling insecure, he is not even letting, Sufiya, hafsa and Nisma in, they always bang my door and leave the place frustrated" I tell them what is happening and Zach looks at me with wide eyes.

"Even that Sufiya guy? He looks trustworthy then why is Boss not trusting him?" Taping his index finger on his chin he thinks for second before gasping "Maybe he is the stalker?"

"Shutup Zach" I roll my eyes but find Alia hitting his arm. "Ouch what is it? Oh wait—I forgot he left a spy behind" rolling his eyes at Alia he sits back.

"Zach, for once stop uttering rubbish" Alia mutters before turning towards me "I think instead of talking bad about boss we should feel bad for our boss and help him as much as we can, he actually looks way to tired and on top of that he even missed the big deal which might bring lots of loss to this company, and now he even fired Max and is doing all the work alone" Alia voices out her thought in such a painful voice, and here my heart is clenching as every word hits my eardrum like knife.

Why didn't he say my anything? And why the hell did he fire Max?! He is a nice guy.

"You don't have to say that Alia" Zach gives her a good glare while Zoe does the same which makes my poor friend panic.

"I-I just, I am sorry" she looks at me with wide eyes as if she broke the biggest secret which should be kept hidden.

"What deal did he miss?" Alia bites her lips but keeps her mouth shut and that tells the whole story.

"Mr Rags?" I ask and She slowly nods her head and that hits me so bad, since I am the reason he missed such a big deal to which he was preparing since forever. He even fired to men's for not working properly over this deal which he wanted to get under his hand by anyway possible but I should jump in his happiness like a witch.

Goodness why do I always end up as a black cat.

Chewing my lower lips to not cry I keep quiet with my eyes on my lap.

"I am sorry, I shouldn't have said that" Alia looks on the verge of crying as she looks at me with so much regret in her voice.

"Oh cut that crap! You already said, I will tell My brother that you used your words to hurt my friend" Naim takes the phone from the pillow and after warning them with a glare he cuts the phone.

"Naim! What was that?!" I look at him with wide eyes when he angrily throws the phone on the other side.

"They are not your friends, they are fake friends" with that he stands up and leaves the room probably to go complain someone.

When did this little one turned to an angry boy?

Sighing I scoot down with my back to lay down, because my back is paining terribly because of sitting in an uncomfortable position and Ziyan is not here so that I can ask him to make me sit properly. I know my life is way too fucked up, I can't even sit without anyone's help, I just pray even my enemies should not go through something I am going through.