Chapter 9

The crowd in Paris did not disappoint

I don't think any crowd or city ever will.

Violet has been going crazy in Paris and ever since we landed, she expressively told us she needs to have her 'main character' moment and have a cup of coffee and a croissant in a café in the city.

Which she did. With a bunch of security around after having looked around the whole place and made sure there weren't any threats around.

I even joined her, and that moment was one of the few she captured to post on Instagram.

I even convinced her to take a picture of her. Her yellow streaks between her brown locks met the camera.

She has such a photogenic face, she could draw anyone in with the look in her eyes.

While Vi was enjoying her own moment, I felt like dying when all the stares of the café were focused on us.

The knowledge that someone could've been taking pictures of us, or filming us, was killing me. That they could've been silently judging us made me aware of anything I did.

To say my clothes felt like they were burning me is an understatement.

Now, we just landed in Amsterdam and are rehearsing in the arena.

Mark and Danny are working on the lights while I'm singing, measuring the time and making sure all is in place for our show. Meanwhile, Josh and Christine are monitoring the microphones and doing sound-check.

Mike is walking in the arena, lifting his camera and taking pictures of us.

Glancing to the side, I smile when I see Delilah following one of the security guards from around here.

They don't go on tour with us but work for the arena itself. The guy is tall and blonde, staring down at Delilah with a lot of interest which she returns.

As I had guessed, Delilah instantly clicked with the other make-up artists and Sasha. She had no problem getting along with anyone.

I've caught her flirting with some of the crew members, and some of the younger ones took the bait and flirted back, earning a glare and scolding from the elders who've been in the field for longer.

When rehearsal is over, I get backstage and walk through the hallways, greeting everyone before getting into my room and exhaling loudly.

After having done two shows, I'd like to say that my nerves have settled down, but that's not the case.

I keep on worrying that something will go wrong or that I'll mess up my vocals and embarrass myself on stage.

Everyone has their phone up in the air, recording everything that happens.