thirty

And blood was suddenly all over her face.

"Ew, fuck!" JJ yelled, watching her expression change as she realized Rafe was fine.

Rafe coughed again, blood going all over Iris as she pulled him into her lap, "Iris. Ocean-"

"You had me worried for a second, Cameron." Iris whispered, looking down at him.

The second those words left her mouth, she knew she shouldn't have said that. It just showed how much she cared about Rafe, and truly, she couldn't be on his side with everything he had done.

Yet part of her wanted to be on his side. She just wanted him to get help.

He smiled slightly, blood pouring out of his mouth.

"We gotta go." JJ said, hoping that Iris would come with them.

And when she glanced up at him with tears in her eyes, and he immediately knew.

"You're going to stay, aren't you?"

"Just let me make sure he's fine. I'll meet you guys over there."

"You won't make it-" Kie said as she cut her off.

"I'll make it. Just go! Go!"

"Iris, please-"

"JJ, go. Please. I'll meet you."

"Stay off the cut." Pope spat at Rafe before turning to look at JJ.

JJ looked down at her once more before heading off with Kie and Pope.

"We need to get you to a hospital or something. You're bleeding so much."

"I'm fine."

"Pope almost killed you!"

"Maybe he should've. Don't you think I deserve it? You  know I deserve it. You've fucking said it."

"Look, I just want to help you, Rafe."

"I know."

"Do you want my help?"

"You're going to chose them no matter what. So no, I don't need your help."

"That's not true." She responded quietly.

"Yeah? You told them, you told Maybank that we weren't fucking together anymore! You're teaming up with the Pogues to fucking take me down." Rafe said, tears spilling from his eyes.

Iris shook her head, "You did something really bad, Rafe. And you need to be held accountable. How many times do I need to explain this to you?"

"It was John B-"

"No it wasn't! That's a fucking lie and we both know it! I tried to fucking fix your mess! I tried to save Peterkin, but you and your fucking dad wouldn't let me!" Iris said as a tear rolled down her cheek.

"Don't you fucking dare." Rafe spat, gripping her arm tightly, "You can't blame me for this."

"Are you kidding? You caused this fucking mess! This is your fault! Everything is your fault!"

"You're supposed to be the one person who's rooting for me, who's there for me, and now what? You've turned against me because of what? The fucking Pogues? God, Iris, can't you, can't you see, they've fucking changed you." He spat at her, his eyes wide.

"Do you hear yourself, Rafe? None of that is even true in the slightest."

"You've fucking changed." He scoffed, a slight smile played on his lips as he slowly got up and clenched his jaw as Iris stood up too.