chapter 54- movie

aubrey and i order takeout for dinner, and i contemplate when the best time is to leave.

don't get me wrong, i'd rather not leave. but i can't tell if aubrey wants to be alone, or wants me to stay.

"by the way," aubrey says suddenly after she swallows her food. "do you have anywhere to be in the morning?" i think back to my schedule for a moment.

"nope. just some recording in the afternoon. why?" i ask.

"well, uh..." aubrey looks around awkwardly. "do you... wanna stay? the night?"

i smile slightly. she's always reading my mind.

"in the least weird way possible! like, just as friends. like a sleepover. you know?" aubrey's face turns pink as she attempts to redeem herself.

"no need to panic. i know what you mean," i say as i throw away my empty box. "and i'd love to."

when we both finish dinner, aubrey starts washing the dishes. i offer to help, but she insists that i sit down and get comfortable.

"pick out a movie," she says, pointing at the tv in front of the couch.

"you sure?" i ask, tilting my head towards the sink.

"wilbur!"

"okay okay! fine! i'm going!" we laugh and i sit on the couch.

before scrolling through movies, i take out my phone and check my text messages. there are a few messages from tommy, so i look at them.

tommy (demon child) innit

i like your new lovejoy songs

(2:22 pm)

maybe let me hear them when

you finish *wink wink shove

shove* (2:22 pm)

WILBURRRRR i'm bored

(4:36 pm)

why aren't you answering? are

you still with AUBREY? (6:19 pm)

wimblur sloot

omg you're so needy (7:56 pm)

tommy (demon child) innit

WILBY! (7:57 pm)

wimblur sloot

did you just call me wilby? again?

(7:57 pm)

tommy (demon child) innit

it was autocorrect, dickhead (7:57 pm)

wimblur sloot

sureeee (7:58 pm)

to answer your question earlier, i

am still with aubrey B) (7:58 pm)

tommy (demon child) innit

okay homewrecker king! (7:58 pm)

sorry, too soon? (7:58 pm)

wimblur sloot