chapter 14, airplane

***

***

i walked with Madi as we made it into the airport. the triplets were behind us. we all sat down and waited for her plane to be called.

i chewed on my nail and i bounced my leg. i was shaky and tired. Chris grabbed ahold of my hand and held it tight. he squeezed and i squeezed back. i let out a shaky breath and waited.

it seemed like it was only 2 seconds before her plane was called, but in reality it was 30 minutes.

i shot right up as she gripped her ticket tight and grabbed her carryon luggage. i clenched my jaw and the triplets stood up.

Madi sighed, her eyes were red.

i attacked her in a hug. i was crying and i couldn't stop. my heart ached and i couldn't breathe. Madi seemed to be feeling the same as she clung onto me. i squeezed her so tight i thought i might've been hurting her. i felt someone's arms around me and then more and more.

i opened my eyes and looked around and Nick, Matt, and Chris. Nick had small tears in his eyes and Chris was biting his lip as if to stop him from crying. Matt had his eyes squeezed shut and i could feel him hugging the tightest out of all of us.

i let out a breath and slowly let go. Madi let go and so did the triplets. Nick wiped under his eyes and sadly smiled.

"i love you guys." Madi said through tears. "i'm gonna miss you all." she choked.

"last call for flight 182, LA California!" the woman said.

"oh god." Madi said as she quickly wiped her tears. "i've got to go." she said. i tabbed ahold of her luggage once again and looked at us once more. "i'll be back, i promise." she said as she walked away and scanned her ticket.

my bottom lip was trembling. i closed my eyes and looked down at the ground. i opened my eyes again and looked back up to now sheer she was gone.

that's when i broke down. sobs left my mouth and i couldn't seem to breathe.

"oh, Caroline." Chris said in a sympathetic voice. he pulled me towards him and held me. i held onto him as my eyes stung and throat hurt. i sniffled and coughed.

i could feel hun start to rub my back and i slowly started to calm down.

"let's go, okay?" Chris whispered to me. i nodded and wiped my cheeks with my palms. we all walked together i had my arm around Chris's waist and he had his around my shoulders.

~~~

i laid in Chris's room. i had a blanket over us as we cuddled. he held onto me tightly as i laid my head on his upper chest. closer to his neck.

he played with my hair as we laid there in a comfortable silence. i let out a sigh and closed my eyes. i pulled the blanket up higher and nuzzled back into his neck.