Chapter 20

*Knock* *Knock*

"My lady." Nathalia called out to Eurielle as she knocked on the door.

"Yes? Come in." Eurielle replied in a soft tone.

*Creak*

"Lady Brown wrote you a letter." Nathalia went straight to the point.

"Oh. Why?"

Nathalia walked towards Eurielle's bed and handed her a latter.

"Please read it, my lady." Nathalia bowed.

Eurielle opened the letter and started reading.

[Dearest Lady Deidamus,

I am much obliged to invite you for a boat outing today, just the two of us. I have prepared a present for you and I hope you meet up with me at the central lake this 2pm in the afternoon.

I would be blessed to have your presence.

Sincerely,
Abigail Brown]

"...."

"...."

People these days are so eager to invite Eurielle and give her presents.

Why were they bothering her so much?

"Nathalia."

"Yes, my lady."

"How would a person react if they are offended? What does it feel to be offended?" Eurielle curiously asked.

"When offended, people tend to be upset and angry. Feeling offended is like having needles pricked in your heart or brain." Nathalia set an analogy.

"So being offended hurts?"

"Something like that." Nathalia responded.

"Do you think I offended lady Brown?"

"What did my lady say to her to make her feel that way?"

"I simply asked her if she had an ugly heart. And her reaction.. she looked upset. Was I offensive?"

"A person wouldn't be offended if the answer of the question is being directed towards them." Nathalia answered neutrally.

"So Lady Brown has an ugly heart?"

Nathalia bowed in correspondence.

"Thank you for answering my confusion."

"It's nothing, my lady."

"Help me prepare my dress."

"Right away, my lady."

...

At the central lake...

Eurielle cast her sight on the deep lake that was right beside her.

She stared at it mesmerically, as it was her first time seeing a lake.

Hues of blues and green reflected in the lake and it was beautiful to look at.

Eurielle and Abigail were riding a large boat and the two sat on the opposite of each other.

A rower was standing on the edge of the boat in order to make sure the boat continues to move.

"I'm glad that you made it here, Lady Eurielle." Abigail smiled at her while carrying a parasol.

"Thank you for the invitation."

"I should be the one thanking you. Ah, right. I have a present." Abigail took a box beside her and handed it to Eurielle.

"...."