Chapter Three

Kate opened her eyes slowly; the sun warm on her face. The radio was quietly playing music and the slow rumble of the car had woken her up. She groaned as she sat up in her seat and attempted to stifle a yawn.

"Good sleep?" Clint mumbled from the drivers seat.

Kate blinked a couple times and looked at him. His eyes were trained on the road: tired and weary.

"Yeah, actually," Kate nodded, taking a sip of water from the bottle next to her, "how far away are we?"

"Not far now, about ten minutes. Hey, wake Peter up for me?" Clint scratched his neck and shook his head slightly.

"Sure," Kate turned around in her seat and a wide grin spread across her face.

Peter was sprawled across the back seat; his mouth open and drooling. Lucky the Pizza Dog was fast asleep under his arm, snoring loudly.

"That's adorable," Kate chuckled, taking a sneaky photo on her phone to show Peter once he woke up.

"Hey, hey, Spider-man," Kate whisper-shouted, throwing a candy wrapper at Peter's head, "hey, wake up."

"Huh, what," Peter sat up quickly, earning him an annoyed glare from Lucky.

"Heh, we're almost there," Kate smiled, "and you drool in your sleep."

"I do not drool in my sleep."

"I think this says otherwise," Kate smirked, showing Peter the photo.

Peter couldn't help but laugh, "I can't believe you have proof."

"What can I say," Kate chuckled with a small bow of her head, "I'm full of surprises."

"Haha, sure," Peter shook his head with a smile.

They had been on the road for almost ten hours. Clint had insisted on driving there and only stopped twice for toilet breaks. He seemed determined for nothing to go wrong.

"We're here," he announced, parking on the side of the road, next to a blue truck.

"Where are we?" Kate frowned, getting out of the car and slamming the door shut behind her.

Hundreds of trees surrounded the road. On one side of the road, a footpath ran through the middle.

Clint locked the car door as Peter and Lucky jumped out, "I'm not sure."

"Hey," Peter looked up and saw a woman standing next to a tree with a dog by her side, "is that her?"

"Yelena!" Kate smiled slightly as she walked towards the woman: Lucky ran towards the other dog happily.

"Kate Bishop," Yelena drawled with a nod of her head, "finally you're here, I was starting to think you wouldn't come."

Yelena looked up at Clint as he approached her. She frowned slightly and cleared her throat, "Barton."

"Yelena, it's good to see you," the archer responded sincerely.

Yelena's eyes crossed Peter's path and she tilted her head slightly, "who's this?"

"Hi!" Peter stepped forward anxiously, "I'm- I'm Peter Parker. I'm Spider-man. It's nice to meet you."

Yelena smirked.

"You too, spider boy," she nodded, ignoring Peter's annoyed expression.

"What are we doing here, Yelena," Kate asked with a glance around at her surroundings.

"Straight to the point, Kate Bishop," Yelena teased, "Well, I have something I want to show you. Obviously."

"How is that obvious?" Kate scoffed as she crossed her arms, "and will you ever stop calling me by my full name?"