28

Chapter 28 – A Lesson

On this tranquil dawn, who knew who it was that opened a window and caused a loud shout to travel downwards from a tall building, "Young Master Duan is here!!!–"

The palm of Duan Chongxuan's fan wielding hand was suddenly covered in cold sweat.

A cloud of dust arose; scores of young women gathered their long skirts and waved their embroidered handkerchiefs. From alleyways, inns, and descended in a mad dash from tall towers, they emerged in waves of perfumed shadows.

Not even a blink of an eye later, both sides of the street were lined with crowds. Some of them wore delicately painted plum blossom makeup, hair adorned with pins encrusted with golden beads; while others only just awoke, and without time to to dress properly they emerged with their long hair billowing free and a light muslin veil covering their face

They stood along the sides of the street, their gazes burning into Duan Chongxuan.

Yin Biyue and Luo Mingchuan couldn't help but put some distance between them.

Duan chatterbox scurried after them, "Can't you two wait up a bit......"

This was the first time that Yin Biyue witnessed this kind of scene, "Your reputation has already... spread this far?"

Not even the female cultivators of LianJian Zong were like this; these were the young ladies of Ye City.

Ever since Duan Chongxuan returned from his fight that day, the shores of Lake Qiu became exceptionally lively.

Every day saw different girls "happening to pass by", standing on the banks of the lake to take in the scenery.

In the small courtyard that Yin Biyue and company stayed in; oftentimes when waking up in the morning they'd be greeted with a courtyard full of waving handkerchiefs and scented sachets as soon as they pushed open the doors.

The Cang Ya disciples were all overjoyed. Being able to see beautifully dressed up girls every single day, their waists were no longer sore, their legs no longer hurt, and even put more strength into training their sword.

Their state of affairs had greatly improved.

Duan Chongxuan was a bit embarrassed, "I've inconvenienced you....."

Luo Mingchuan gave a helpless smile, ".....It's not your fault either."

Yin Biyue took a look outside the courtyard walls where handkerchiefs danced in the air, and his lips twitched a little as he turned to ask the chatterbox, "Are you still going today?"

Out of the sixteen matches scheduled for today, four of them have contestants from Cang Ya, and one of the matches is Luo Mingchuan against Bao Pu Zong. If it was before his newfound popularity, Duan Chongxuan would definitely want to go.

But now, as soon as he took a step outside, he would garner the fervent gazes of the nearby young women to the point that it seems like their eyes would burn a hole straight through him.

Duan Chongxuan seemed to have thought of a bad experience, his expression stiffened for a moment, but he still grit his teeth and said, "Go! Why can I not go!"

There were many of Cang Ya's matches, nearly all of the disciples have departed to go spectate; thus the three of them traveled alongside this grandiose troop towards the arena.

The dawn just broke and streetside breakfast stalls had just set up shop. Heat and hazy white fog billowing from bamboo steamer baskets were scattered by the breath of the morning breeze; the second floor windows of the teahouses have just been pushed open, the waiters hastily arranging benches inside and hanging brightly coloured wine banners. The quiet of the empty street occasionally disturbed by the a dog's bark and the hum of cicadas.