70 | girlfriend

SEVENTY. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

it was the first week of their second year before they knew it.

break didn't last very long, most of them were just busy with club activities that required even their academic break's time. not that they minded though. most of them were athletes anyway.

at half past five in the morning of the first day of second year, ymari seinaru found herself fiddling with the groceries inside the home economics room.

she had asked her club members via email to fill up the pantry with fresh produce before the start of classes because a member informed her of the fact that the first week of classes in hakuou always involved club sign-ups.

and apparently, during that time, this club goes all out with their cooking to attract more members.

she had no recollection of this because, well, she wasn't even here for the first few weeks of classes due to her mourning over her mother's death in her first year.

today was the first day of classes, which meant this was the kick-off of the entire club sign-ups. as of she didn't have enough things to worry about, she remembered that she was also the captain of the basketball club.

she sighed, deciding that it'd be best to get the cooking started before her members arrived so she could think about the other club thereafter.

ymari had grown up over the course of the academic break in between the school years. despite still being twelve, her features started to develop more. her eyes were sharper, nose and jaw impossibly defined, her hair was longer, reaching a few inches below her shoulders, and her height was almost up to par with the average height of their male schoolmates. she was a good 5'7 now, however much to her dismay, the female futakuchi twin who just visited her home yesterday was 5'8 and still rapidly growing.

she grabbed the black apron that she brought from washing at home— she visited the school over the break to fix things within the basketball club and also made a few stops here in home econ, that involved her taking all the aprons and washing them by hand so it's ensured that they're clean— and slung it over hear head, then wrapped it around her waist.

she went to tie her hair up in a ponytail with the scrunchie she had around her wrist. she then took a new hairnet from the cupboard and put it on so she wouldn't get any on the food. afterwards, she started to disinfect and wash her hands on the sink of the versatile home economics club.

she went over to the refrigerator and opened it to check what her cooking options were. she wasn't very used to cooking large batches. it used to just be her small used-to-be family, then her and her aunt, then eventually, just her.

"what do kids eat?" she mumbled to herself.

she wouldn't know. she's not exactly the type to stick to one favorite food— she eats whatever's served or available. hell if you ask her what food she likes, she'll probably ask you— "does coffee count?"