Chapter 5

I was walking to the quints' apartment since it was the day for their tutor session. I was guessing Futaro was already there since I stopped by his place and he wasn't there.

[Y/N]: I wonder what exactly is gonna happen today. I hope it's nothing bad.

???: [Y/N]-kun? Is that you?

I turned around and noticed a random girl staring at me. She had long dark hair and a hairclip that keeps her hair off her face. She also wears glasses so I don't really recognize her but she seems to have recognized me.

[Y/N]: Uhh, have we met?

Random Girl: Oh! Um... It's um... It's me. Uhh...

[Y/N]: You're awfully nervous.

For a second, she seems familiar. I tried to think on who she is and I finally got it. I widened my eyes as I ran up to her and gave her a hug.

[Y/N]: I am so sorry, I didn't realize it was you!

She was none other than Chiyo. A good friend of mine for 3 years. Chiyo and I were only good friends because I was nervous through my first day in Kirubuto. The School I went to before coming to Asahiyama High School.

Chiyo: It's quite alright, [Y/N]-kun. How have you be- ARE YOU CRYING!?

[Y/N]: I'm so sorry, Chiyo-chan! I really am!

Chiyo: I told you i-it's okay, [Y/N]-kun. I didn't recognise you at first as well.

[Y/N]: God, you won't believe what I jsut went through without you.

Chiyo: Try me.

[Y/N]: Well...

I told her what I've been up to with Futaro, the quints and the tutor job. I've also reunited with my uncle and my cousin and I've spent all my days staying up so late just grinding on Genshin. I HAVEN'T EVEN DONE A SINGLE PIECE OF HOMEWORK.

Chiyo: Wow. Too bad for you, I believe you. You were always playing games and barely have enough sleep everyday. It'd be normal for you. You always look so miserable at school.

[Y/N]: Oh, yeah, fuck you, too.

Chiyo laughs as I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose. I then heard a set of footsteps behind me as I look back to see Miku with a plastic bag in her hands.

Miku: [Y/N].

Chiyo suddenly froze up and hid behind me. Of course, she was always a nervous girl when it comes to people but she gets strangely comfortable once you talk to her a little more.

Miku: Who's that?

I noticed Miku glaring at the girl. It's as if she's trying to burn through my skull just to burn her. I wonder why she's so... strangely mad.

[Y/N]: Ah. Miku. This is Chiyo Hatsumi. She was my best friend back in Middle School and one year of High School.

Miku: Chiyo.

Chiyo: H-H-Hello, i-i-i-it's nice to meet you, Miku-chan. [Y-[Y-[Y-[Y/N]-kun talks about you a-a-a-alot.

[Y/N]: Wha- Chiyo!

I turned to her and pinched both her cheeks which she yelped and raised her hands up due to the pain. I then began scolding her because I told her not to tell the quints that I talk about them.

Miku: Come on, [Y/N]. It's almost time for the tutor session.

[Y/N]: Oh, right. I'll see you later, Chiyo.

Chiyo: O-Okay...

I let go of Chiyo's cheeks and left with Miku. I noticed that Miku was awfully quiet the whole walk to their apartment and she seemed to be... pouting?