Hard, Hard Truth- XXXVIII

It drew on like forever, the two of you having stared into a void, immersed in your thoughts. It isn't long before Diego speaks up yet again.

"Do you... Still want to know about the rest?"

You don't respond, unsure of what truly was going on. Some days your life blurred together, alike to a dream, similar in a sense that the events linked together in the strangest way possible. They were too good, or perhaps too strange to fit into reality.

" Oy, El loco-" The boy similar to how he did before. With the expression he wore, you could tell he looked to be evaluating his previous actions, seemingly annoyed with himself. "er, I mean, y/n, I'm still here."

Diego grunted, and you turned to him. You didn't quite know still what was going on, nor how you felt about the situation. Luck was not on your side with the future scorning in your face and the past holding record of how it too laughed at your existence. You give him the go ahead and the boy shuffled into a more comfortable position.

"Look it, it sucks, and God I can't belive I acted like that-" Diego cringed as he whispered the last part. "But there's nothing you can really do about it. If you don't find out what you want to do now, its only gonna bite you back later on."

At that you tense. He's right, unfortunately. It would be nice to stay in the little time bubble, however as soon as you leave the problems you've yet to deal with would still be awaiting you patiently.

"okay."

He draws in another breath before talking.

"You know how," The boy fumbles for a second, thinking deeply about how to phrase his sentence. By the crease of his brows it was either that he struggled with that or it was a particularly sore matter. You hoped it wasn't the latter. "You know how your blood is... it can bring people back to life right?"

"I- yea, yeah?"

"Right, so people-" He cleared his throat. it makes you frown as you eye him suspiciously, aware that the news may not be so pretty. "people wondered how much more magical other parts of your body would be. Bones, eyes, heart, it was disgusting. Which it, its a big reason as to why the people after me are now also after you."

Diego's words were filled with strong distaste as he wrinkled his nose. Now You're completely stumped. Seriously? What kind of sick joke was this? Not only did you have a past that remained unwantedly foggy, a future that told of your demise, a killer who was after you but also just recently you were told that your home was filled with people who wanted your head served on a platter? Oh good lord.

"At this, at this point literally, literally, literally everyone, everyone wants me, me dead." You muttered bitterly, digging your nails into your palm. The boy doesn't seem to catch your sullen mood, absentmindedly agreeing. "I, We should, we should tell, tell the madrigals. They'd, they'd under, understand."

"Will you tell your esposo first?" Deigo pointed out, fixing his skewered vest, hands nimbly taking off the pin he wore, replacing it with the pocket watch you remembered he had earlier. "He'll think you kept something big from him."

"I- thats a, that's a good idea-"

You're interrupted by his hand to your face like before, and with a twisting feeling you found yourselves back in Camilo's room, the air the around you rushing with your entrance. There wasnt even a moment before Camilo rushed over to you, looking hysterical.

"what- mi amor- did he do anything to you?" he babbled ceaselessly, holding you close and stroking your hair gently. you could hear the concern seep in his voice and the panic in his eyes. "dios mio- its been ten minutes- you both just disappeared-"

Diego scoffed. you looked at him accusingly as Camilo's face hardened.

"what did you do to her?" the venom in his voice is unmistakably prominent and it seems to pollute the atmosphere.

"None of your concern. She'll tell you if she wants to-"

It happened to fast; if you blinked youd have missed it. camilo advanced readily, his gaze darkened. The male shook his fists and pulled his sleeves up before planting his knuckles onto the poor boys face. The smaller figure tumbled back and you cant help but gasp in shock, the sickening sound of skin against skin echoing slightly.

The boy was scarily quick to recover, scrambling up and clutching tightly at his pocket. It bulged slightly and you froze, realizing it was the very same place where he had sheathed his blade.

Next to you the male shook his hands, and you frown at the dark pigment it was painted in. Camilo seemed unfazed, but with how his jaw was clenched you feared otherwise. You found your hands brushing across his cheek, and his pointed glare softened.

Diego groaned quietly, wiping off the blood on his lip. Camilo protectively hovered above you, hands poised to strike again if need be.

"Serves you right. youve been messing with us since the beginning-"

the male was cut off by a rush of movement and you stubbled back with a yelp. Infront of you was a scene that made your blood run cold. Diego was poised to hit, a familiar dagger held tightly in his palm. His cold blue eyes were filled with emotion, and you hurriedly step in between trying desperately to resolve the conflict.

"D- Diego-" Your boyfriend was quick to push you away, morphing into a taller sturdier build. Still Diego overpowers him, the boy pinning him down easily. "Ple- please- please stop-"

The atmosphere is thick, tension seeping into the room becoming more and more suffocating by the minute. There has to be something you can do right?

"Diego please, let him go," Camilo stills, whipping towards you in awe. You surprised even yourself with your adamant tone and lack of stutter.

The boy narrows his eyes towards you, getting up reluctantly before trudging towards the window. He breathes a sigh before nodding, brushing a hand through his tousled hair and sheathing his knife.

"I trust that you will tell him everything he needs to know."

And just like that hes gone. A gust of wind erupts as Camilo shifts back into himself, frowning. He draws closer to you, breathing in your familiar scnet and gently cloaking you in a warm embrace. The two of you stand there for a moment, your hearts beating as one.

"what is he talking about, mi amor?"