ex, part ²

ENGLISH VERSION

Accident. Hospital. Serious condition.

These three words circulated through Mason’s mind as he stared at the white wall of the hospital. Your heart rate’s racing like a battery. His legs and hands trembled and if he were not sitting he was almost sure he would not stand up.

Y/N had an accident as soon as he left Christian’s house, the whole party mood had died when his cell phone had touched, his happiness vanishing from his face in a matter of seconds, the fear overflowing from his eyes as he ran to the garage. Just stopping to shout that you suffered a car crash and the name of the hospital you were out for!

Everything around Mason stopped when the news was picked up by his brain, not long before he was in his own car driving towards the hospital.

His last words to him echoing in his mind. And from today I will take care not to cross his path. Fate’s crap couldn’t be so son of a bitch as to do it, it wasn’t fair, it wasn’t right. Not with you!

And now he was sitting on a hard hospital bench drowning in guilt, while you fought for your life in some surgery of this huge hospital.

━  It’s my fault, all my fault. ━ Mason whispered as he held his head between his hands.

━ Hey, man. It wasn’t your fault. The driver was drunk, Mason. ━ Ben tried to comfort him, but he wouldn’t accept it.

━  No, I made her leave the party. I was a complete jerk to her, Ben. I offended her in the worst way possible, it’s my fault, mine. Furthermore, I’ll never forgive myself if anything happens to her, ever. 

Ben sighed as he watched his friend’s condition. It was common knowledge in Chelsea’s group that Mason was still in love with Y/N. And to this day none of them understood why it had ended between them. Mason never said them, and apparently didn’t intend to make such a confession. 

━ Y/N is a strong girl, man. She’s going to be okay! When did you see her give up something? In a couple of days, it’ll be nothing but a fright. Nobody blames you for anything, the only mistake was the drunk driver who ran the light when he shouldn’t have. ━ James spoke, sitting next to his friend.

━ You don’t understand. ━ Mason said no. ━ I fucked everything up, I offended her character and her nature, Sarah put so many things in my head and with the jealousy I was feeling she made me do and talk nonsense, and I know that it hurt her a lot, I saw the tears in her eyes before she left, How can this not be my fault? ━ Mason’s voice was choked, his friends exchanging looks at each other without knowing what to say.