Chapter 33

Tuesday:

"Seriously? So, you both are kind of engaged, now?" Jyoti almost screamed in happiness when Sneha gave her the news.

"Yes. I mean, the ring exchange will be held after Holi, but the relationship is kind of fixed. Shashank's parents came to my home yesterday and his mother gave me a saree and some money and dry fruits." Sneha replied with a smile.

"How is she? Your soon-to-be mother-in-law?" Jyoti asked excitedly as they awaited their first lecture to start.

"She is good... at least up til now." Sneha chuckled, but she genuinely liked her.

"So, are you like...having late-night calls with your soon-to-be husband?" Jyoti asked suggestively.

"Not yet. But, we met in the evening, yesterday. He came to the library where we talked...a lot. He helped me with my work on the upper floor, where my supervisor couldn't see me. He is actually very sweet." She said with a huge smile.

"Ooooh! Did you two kiss?" Jyoti asked with a childish smile.

"No! Are you crazy? We are still getting to know each other. And, he knows to maintain his distance. So do I." Sneha immediately rejected the idea, with a blush.

"I know, I know...You want your first kiss to be special...just like what happens in movies." Jyoti teased to which Sneha only nudged her.

"Oh, one more thing. Don't tell anything about this to Ananya or her friends." Sneha strictly warned her.

"Why?" Jyoti asked curiously.

"It's strange and weird...but her brother was in Taj too...on Sunday, I mean. And he asked me to say 'no' to the marriage proposal. When I asked him the reason, he said that he doesn't want me to put on a bad influence on Ananya. It's stupid, I know! So, I don't want her or him to know about it." Sneha explained.

"Why does he interfere in your life so much! First the dance, then the auction and now this! What's wrong with him? You should complain to Ananya." Jyoti suggested.

"Ananya is worse than me in front of Viraj. She wouldn't even yawn in front of her brother in fear of disrespecting him. Anyway, I just want to keep my distance from him from now on."

"You are right."

"This is why I parked my cycle near the stationary shop today. It will help me avoid him in the parking lot, at least." Sneha added. The stationary shop was out of the college campus and had its own small parking area.

"That's good." Jyoti nodded and they both stood to greet the professor.

After the entire class took their seat, the professor mentioned the latest announcement.

"Did you all check the college website today?" He asked to which everyone shook their head negatively.

"Very good!" The professor said sarcastically. "Well check it after the class and let me know who all are interested in the trip. I need the names before 1 pm today." He added.

The entire classroom went on an uproar on hearing the word 'trip'.

"Sir, kaha jaa rahe hai hum iss baar? (Where are we going this time, sir?)" Jyoti asked.

The professor gave a stern look to her.

"Jyoti, that is why I asked you all to check the notification. I won't let you all waste my lecture timing. Let's begin our today's discussion on..." And the professor then began his lecture.

.

.

.

"Quick quick..." Sneha urged Jyoti to download the notification file from the college website.