71

After the wedding planning fiasco, I had to admit getting everything together was harder than I thought. Who would have guessed planning the most important ceremony of my life would be so hard?

I had to brush my thoughts to the side as I turned away from my computer and faced my clients, "Alrighty Miss Johnson, just give them this prescription of cold medicine and make sure they gets some rest. No sports, no rough housing, and no arguin' for a couple days." I give the twins a pointed look as they send each other harsh glares. "Easy peasy!" Ms. Johnson was already pulling them to the door, "Thank you so much again, Doc. I'll make sure they behave." I notice her grip tighten on their shoulders and it took a lot of self control not to let out a giggle as they winced.

They said their goodbyes and I waved as my door finally shut once again.

I'd never met two siblings that argued more in my life. Between the fists flying and even one biting the other, I could tell their mama had more than enough. I'm pretty sure they would have gotten whooped if I turned my back for more than three seconds.

I let my shoulders sag as I flopped in my office chair and closed my eyes, "Peace at la-" My body jumped as Tasha swung the door open hard, "lemme see it!" She sang as she rushed right in and grabbed at my hands.

"Um.. Where yo ring at?" Her face quickly dropped to a frown as she gave me a confused look, "It's in yo bag?" She didn't even wait for me to respond as she instantly grabbed my purse and started sifting through it, "Mama.. Make it make sense." She mumbled as she looked harder.

"I didn't bring it?.." I shrugged my shoulders lightly and watched her body freeze. "You.. didn't.. bring it?" She turned to me slowly with wide eyes. I sucked in a breath as I nodded my head, "Yeah.. I just didn't want it in the way.. Y'know kids and how grabby they are." I laugh and try to brush it off but she didn't let me breath one bit, "I know you. You were so excited to get that ring. You could have double or tripled gloved to wear it." She pointed a finger at my hand and I couldn't look up at her as I played with my fingers.

"I know.. I just don't want anything bad to happen to it." I couldn't admit that I only wore it in the house. Dion even had to force me to put it on and promised nobody would try to steal it if he was around. I still walked with that hand in my pocket the whole time. It was way to precious to just wear it like it's a regular ring.

"And what did Dion say about seeing you leave the house with no ring?" She gives me a pointed look and I refuse to meet her eyes, "Nothin.. I mean he complained a lil and I told him I'd wear it but.. Y'know.. me and my bad luck.." She gives me a confused look as her nose scrunched, "Bad luck? Girl the fuck is you talkin bout?" She sat down on my bench as I sighed loudly.

"You know.. how my luck is literally the fuckin worst in the world? This is the first time I've gotten something that precious and I just have this feeling imma lose it or break it or sumn.. I can't break his heart like that.." I shake my head as the thought alone put a sick feeling in my gut.

Tasha sighed softly, "I know life's been rough for you.. Between your last relationship and your parents, I don't blame you for the hesitation but mama.." She waves her hand, "What we not gonna do is say you're bad luck. That ain't fair on your end at all." Her hand moved to mine as she squeezes it, "You're a beautiful person who went through some ugly situations. But now you are living the life of your dreams, boo. Don't let the past make you scared of the future." I nod my head slowly as I squeeze her hand back.

"Okay.. I'll bring it around with me more. Maybe I'll put it on a necklace or sew a new pocket in my purse for it." I give her a small smile and she gives me a big one back, "Exactly. I better see it tomorrow or I'm taking yo ass home and we gettin it.. And I'm snitchin to Dion." My eyes widened slightly but I quickly got it together, "I ain't scared of him.. like you said, he chicken necked." She burst into giggles but still slides me a knowing look.