Chapter 11: A Kiss

I walk out of the simulation room, my stomach twisting into knots. Not only because I had just witnessed one of my worst nightmares, but because what I would have to tell Eric. Sure, I could always not do the dare but that would not be very dauntless of me.

I walk into dormitories to find my friends, but see only Keenan and Chris in the room.

"Hey, have you seen Pheonix or Peyton." I ask them.

"Nope, but I did notice that there was a note on your bed." He said, pointing to my bed. Indeed, there on my temporary bed sat a note folded into fourths. I picked it up, glancing at the two.

"Did you read it?" I ask, narrowing my eyes at them.

"What, me? Why I-" Chris starts, but I cut him off.

"Yes or no?"

"We didn't, I swear." Keenan concludes. I glare at them for a moment, before deciding to take his word for it. Keenan was always a good mama's boy, he wouldn't. His buddy Chris on the other hand, lied like no one's business when we were younger. Although, he was horrible at lying. If he stole your juice box, his best excuse was that Keenan took it. Even if Keenan was absent that day.

If he was lying, you would know.

"I trust you. Screw me over and I will kill you guys in your sleep."

I walk out, opening the note.

Meet me at the trains tonight at 8. Don't be late. Don't think about ditching me either. Dress warm.

Eric

I read the note again, before letting out a sigh. I had probably never been so nervous in my life.

*

At some point in wandering around I run into Sara biting into a sandwich.

"There you are! You missed lunch." She says with a mouth full of food. I glance at my watch to see that it is 4:00 p.m.

"Oh, I guess I did. I didn't even notice."

"Want the rest of my sandwich?" She asks waving a partially eaten sandwich in my face. Oh what the hell? I take the BLT from her hand and take a bite. I didn't realize how truly hungry I was until now.

"So what has you thinking so hard?"

I don't answer her question, I just reach for the note in my back pocket and placing it in her hand. She reads it as I take another bite of the sandwich. Suddenly, a grin spreads across her face and she starts jumping and squealing.

My eyes widen as I see her have an absolute fangirl meltdown. I mean sure Eric is handsome, but I mean Jesus.

"Oh my god! Yes! We need to pick an outfit for you, and do your hair. This is going to be perfect!" Sara screams, grabbing my arm and yanking me toward our dormitories.

*

I stood at the train tracks at 7:58 p.m. looking through darkness for Eric. I was dressed in some dark purple ripped tights with some black jean high waisted shorts over it. I also wore a black cropped sweatshirt and the zip-up hoodie that Eric gave me yesterday. If things went downhill too fast I want to make sure he would at least get his jacket back.

A chilly night breeze flies by me, causing a shiver to go down my spinal cord. I pull the beanie on top of my head, over my ears and cross my arms to try and keep warm. I glance at my watch for time.

7:59 p.m.

He's probably not coming, this is probably one of Eric's sick sadistic jokes I think. I should head back before-