✾𝟵𝟵✾

Tw: mentions of blood

Y/n disappeared into the distance before reappearing in front of the Flame Estate. She slowly took steps towards the entrance of the Flame Estate when she noticed a small boy sweeping the engawa with a broom in his hands as he held a small frown. "Hello," she sweetly said as the child jumped in shock. 

"H-Hello," he said as he hugged the broom close. "Who are you? Are you here for my brother?" he asked. "I'm Kigiku Y/n," Y/n smiled brightly. "The Flower Pillar, and yes, I'm here for your brother..." Y/n added as he visibly relaxed. "I'm Rengoku Senjuro, and he's not here, he's in a mission," the child smiled as Y/n nodded in response.

 "Would you like me to help you sweep around?" Y/n offered kindly. "Really? I don't want to bother you though..." he trailed off. "I don't have missions right now, so I'm free, is there a spare broom?" Y/n asked, tilting her head as the boy blinked. 

"Yes there is, I'll go grab it," he said before he walked off into the distance to fetch the broom, Y/n gazed at the Estate with her sharp hues, something felt off with the aura. "Such a sad aura," Y/n whispered silently to herself before she noticed the child was walking back with another broom in his hand, he offered it to Y/n whom gladly took it in her hands. 

"Now, let's clean together, yeah?" Y/n smiled as the boy nodded. The both of them started sweeping the engawa together as silence engulfed them. Y/n glanced at the boy, she noticed how sad he looked all the time, and she felt a tiny tug in her heart. 

"Kigiku-sama, why did you offer to clean with me?" he blinked at her as he stopped cleaning for a second. "Don't need to call me that, Senjuro, you can call me Y/n instead," she said as she stopped cleaning and faced him. "It's because you seem so lonely and sad, I wanted to change that," Y/n said as she placed a hand on his shoulders. 

The golden-haired child looked up at Y/n with bright eyes and a soft smile graced his features. "That's nice of you, Y/n, thank you," he grinned happily before the both of them started sweeping. "Would you like to go inside for some tea?" Senjuro offered once the both of them were finished cleaning. "That'd be lovely!" Y/n exclaimed brightly as Senjuro beamed happily.