1

13 years ago...
(Jungkook & Lisa-6 years old)

"Yah Lisa...stay put there okay?"Lisa's mother told as she went back inside the house.

They were having lunch on the outdoors, the table was full of viands, side dishes, barley tea, and cookies.

Lisa tried to reach out for cookies with her little hand when she heard loud cries.

Out of curiosity, she jumped down from her chair and walked towards where the loud cries were.

"How many times do I have to tell you?! Huh? NEVER TOUCH MY BEER" Lisa hid behind the fences and noticed a little kid just like her being pushed harshly by his father and being smacked with a rod.

The kid cried so much and Lisa could see the bruises on his legs.

When the father left him out and closed the door, Lisa climbed up the fence and jumped down.

She actually took a piece of cookie with her.

Then she slowly walked towards him.

"Hey kid...stop crying now." She sat beside him and gave him a cookie.

"Why are you giving me this?"

"Because you were crying..stop crying jebal."

The kid looked at her and his emotions eased, he then took the cookie which she handed.

He munched on it and Lisa looked at him satisfactorily.

"Thanks. What's your name by the way?"

"Lalisa... You?"

"Jeongguk, but others call me Jungkook."

"By the way..why is your dad doing this to you?"

"I don't want him to drink but he always does..then he ends up hurting me like this."

Their conversation stopped when..

"Hey, what are you doing there?" Lisa looked and saw her mom whisper yelling at her.

"Eomma..I was just trying to help him."

"Come back here this instant!"

Lisa pouted as she looked at him one last time and went back.

Jungkook watched as he tries to get the last bite of cookie.

I wish I had a good parent like hers...He thought.

Back at the house ....

"Yah...you should leave that kid alone okay? His father is evil and you might get hurt like him."

"Eomma..I just wanted to help him."

"Don't be stubborn Lalisa."

Lisa pouted in her seat.

But it was always in her personality to be a stubborn one.

Next Day {Night Time}

Lisa's mother was snoring, and Lisa waited for the perfect opportunity to get out of bed, she took blankets, and other essentials.

She slowly went downstairs, and opened the main door with the keys just enough for her to reach.

She didn't forget to grab a jar full of chocolates a bottle of milk inside the fridge.

Then eventually went outside.

Lisa hid behind the fence and took a peek inside.

She saw Jungkook leaning outside the house and he felt so cold.

She jumped down again, then walked towards him.

"Lalisa? What are you doing here?"

"Yah, are you just going to sleep in here?"

"Well, my dad wants me out of the house."

Lisa took out the blankets, one for her and for him as they both sat on the grass.

"Here chocolates and milk." Lisa smiled.

"Hey thanks." Jungkook grinned with his cute bunny teeth.

"Want me to read you a story?"

"Sure."

Lisa took out her bedtime stories and started reading it out loud, until Jungkook fell asleep and she could only smile.

Ever since that time, Lisa kept giving him secret visits.

They'd even play hide and seek.

And when his father came looking for him, they'd both hide under bushes.

Every night, same routine.

Bedtime stories, Milk, Chocolates.

Until one night....

"Yah, what is this?" Jungkook asked as Lisa gave him a half heart necklace.

"Yah, this is a sign of our friendship. You better keep it okay?" Lisa said in her cute high pitched voice.

 You better keep it okay?" Lisa said in her cute high pitched voice

Jungkook held onto the necklace and nodded.

The black part was his and the white part was Lisa's.

"Thank you!" Jungkook smiled..

The next morning.....

Lisa sobbed so much as she and her mother stepped out from the house bringing their luggages

"Eomma...I don't want to leave this house and this country!" Lisa said as she tugged unto her mother's dress.

"You cooperate with me! Or else I will have to smack you."

Lisa's cries only worsened when she saw Jungkook peeping through the fences.

She ran towards him and hugged him so tight.

"Promise me, you'll look for me okay? And you keep that half heart."

Jungkook nodded with his pale lips, face full of dust and his arms and legs full of bruises.

Lisa hugged him again before being dragged by her mother away from him.

And that was the last time they saw each other ever since.

|End of Chapter |