Focus - SJ

- Scarlett helps reader with ADHD
- also I only googled some facts about ADHD so I'm sorry if I didn't get it right.
Scarlett- 27
Reader- 24

Backstory- you decided to take up the opportunity to help write the script for Black Widow. However your having a really hard time concentrating and Scarlett (your girlfriend) walks in on you trying to do 3 things at once.

Your pov-
I'm really grateful for the opportunity I've been given to help write the Black widow film script. I've been an assistant for the screen play of films but I got a promotion. I've always been "over energetic" and "impulsive" but I'm very smart and good at what I do. Teachers always said I was trying to do the next task before finishing the original one, so my organisational skills were not ideal, some suggested I had ADHD. My parents refused to acknowledge that until my first year of university when I got properly diagnosed. Some say it changes your life, it didn't change mine. I mean I have meds to take, but I forget to take them most days so I'm doing ok.

Scarlett and I have been dating for 5 months now, we met at the getting to know the cast and production team party. She doesn't know about the ADHD but it doesn't matter. Anyway I'm losing focus.

It's about 9pm and I need to get the next scene written by tomorrow so we can edit, rewrite etc. However I've been working on this for 12 hours today and I currently have written less than a page. However I have made pasta, cut and dyed my hair, written ideas for the final scene whilst waiting for the dye to set. Look I'm just procrastinating no biggie. I have run out of my meds but we are in Budapest so I'm not too sure how to get any more. I didn't dye my hair a wacky colour I just coloured it back to a darker brown. The hair stylist was bored and I had writers block, it was fun.

I'm sitting on the couch chewing my pen, I look at the paper. Scarletts character Natasha is about to reveal what happened in Budapest to her sister Yelena. The whole marvel fandom want to know so this scene cannot be a waste. I have so many ideas for what could've happened but I cannot decide. I hear a knock at the door.

Scarlett- " babe?"

Scarletts pov-
Y/n is under a lot of pressure, this film is going to be big. She's amazing at her work but she's a massive procrastinator so she cuts the deadlines very close. I'm worried about the stress she's putting herself under. I'm filming all day and she's in our trailer just writing away.

She opens the door and her hair is different.

Scarlett- " your hair looks beautiful. When did you do it"
You- " today. Yeh I did it today. How you doing"
Scarlett- " I'm fine. You ok though. You never mentioned that you wanted to colour it. Everything ok?"
You- " I had writers block and the hair stylist was free. So I managed to write the final scene today"
Scarlett- " that's great hun, on top of the Budapest scene as well. That's not writ...."
You- " you didn't let me finish mi amour. I haven't written it. There's too much pressure on this. My mind can think of 2 million other things except the write idea for the scene"

She was getting all worked up and I could see her mind working too quickly. Tears are prickling in her eyes and I pull her up from the couch into my arms.

Scarlett- " what's going on my love"
You- " I have ADHD. Diagnosed and I've run out of meds and we are now abroad and I can't get anymore but this scene is due tomorrow and I literally cannot focus and I'm talking super fast because I'm so stressed. I just dyed my hair because I felt like it. It was so impulsive. I haven't felt like this since high school."
Scarlett- " baby. All you have to do is phone your doctor in the states and they can send the prescription to the local pharmacy. It's all going to be ok. How far along in the scene have you got"
You- " not far. I've got 7 different prompts. As executive producer which one do you like best?"

I scan through these and she has some amazing ideas but this one stands out.

Scarlett- " Natasha's initiation to SHIELD. Dreykov daughter. Y/n that's genius. It also links into task master."
You- " TASK MASTER COULD BE DREYKOVS DAUGHTER WHI BARELY SURVIVES THE EXPLOSION THAT YOU CAUSE. LOKI SAYS SOMETHING ABOUT THE DAUGHTER IN AVENGERS"
Scarlett- " my girlfriend is a genius."

We stay up until 2am writing the scene and I read it through as Natasha and she reads everyone else's parts. It goes so well.

You- " you know I've never focused on something for so long without meds. Thank you so much."

I smile at her. She goes quiet.

Scarlett- " what's wrong"
You- " I just love you so much and I'm so grateful that your my girlfriend."
Scarlett- " I love you more. Let's get some sleep, your tired and I know it."

We get into bed and cuddle until I fall asleep

A/n- how was this????
Also I'm working my way through requests. I hve 4 drafts on the go :)