||13||

Whoops- forgot to upload chapters here. Here, take four.

°🕰️°

I found myself stuck in a vision of the future. In it, I recognised two people. The twins who were also being experimented on in Sokovia.

"Talk. And if you are wasting our time..." Wanda was the first to speak as she and her twin, Pietro, entered a pretty run down and falling apart building.

"Did you know this church is in the exact centre if the city?" a voice came from the darkness in the centre of the room.

Voice sounded echoey. Metallic even.

"The elders decreed it so that everyone could be equally close to god," the voice continued as they slowly approached the centre, "I like that. The geometry of belief."

Pietro paused at a pillar as Wanda continued to slowly approach the being.

"You're wondering why you can't look inside my head," the voice pointed out, Wanda flinched slightly.

"Sometimes it's hard," she shot back, "but sooner or later every man shows himself."

The being stood up and the cloth covering them fell, revealing a robot under it.

I found myself gaining a sense of dread as I looked over the robot. Something about it... its not a good being. Its bad news.

"Oh I'm sure they do," the robot said as Wanda slowly stepped back towards Pietro, "but you needed something more than a man. That's why you let Stark take the sceptor."

"I didn't expect..." Wanda looked at it as it approached them, "but I saw Starks fear. I knew it would control him, make him self destruct."

"Everyone creates the thing they dread," the robot replied, "men of peace create engines of war. Invaders create Avengers. People create... smaller people? Uh-- children!"

It laughed.

"I lost the word there," it continued, "children. Designed to supplant them. To help them end."

"Is that why you've come?" Wanda asked, "to end the Avengers?"

"I've come to save the world," the robot replied, a sense of conviction coming from it, "but also... Yeah."

I opened my eyes and found myself staring up at an unfamiliar ceiling.

I need to warn someone.

Pushing myself up, I found myself struggling to even hold myself up. Weakened.

Glancing down, I found I was connected to multiple drips and pulled all the lines out before falling off the bed I was on.

Groaning, I pushed myself up slightly and attempted to stand but just fell again.

"Damn it," I muttered, my voice scratchy and hoarse, "why can't I move?"

Deciding it'd be best to crawl, I did my best to army crawl across the floor and use the door frame to pull myself out. But I got too tired and just leaned against it.

I paused for a moment to rest and catch my breath, while doing so I noticed that the room on the other side of the door was an absolute disaster.

Everything was a mess. But also, I could see outside.

I wasn't in Sokovia. No. I recognised those buildings.

"New... York?" I questioned before my vision began to get dizzy. A name crossed my mind, Ultron, as I saw feet rushing over to me.

I reached out and managed to grab someone's sleeve.

I couldn't really see who it was through my blurred and spinning vision so I had to hope the person in front of me was good.

"Ultron," I managed to force out, "is... Bad. Must stop... It."

Then it all went dark again.

°🕰️°
A few hours later_
Morning after the Avengers party_

I slowly opened my eyes, the same ceiling I woke up to yesterday was above my head.

This time, I didn't try to move and just stared up at the ceiling.

I'd gotten my message across to someone last night so I didn't need to worry about over exerting myself to find help again.

"Oh- you're awake," a nervous looking man with glasses walked over to me, albeit cautiously. I couldn't help but to find his behaviour curious.

"Who--" I paused as I tried to clear my throat.

"Hold on, I've got water here," the man put his hand up before quickly turning and grabbing a cup with a straw in it, he helped put me in a upright position so I could drink the water.

I glanced at it cautiously.

"Oh. It's not poisoned if that's what you're thinking," the man quickly told me, "it's just water from the tap."

He pointed to the sink at the bottom of the room.

I looked him over.

He doesn't seem like someone who'd be able to consciously poison another person.

Deciding it was OK, I drank some of the water, finding I was more thirsty than I expected.

"Who are you?" I managed to get my earlier question out this time, "where am I?"

"Uh- I am Dr Banner. Bruce uh-- Bruce Banner," the man introduced himself, "You're in the Avengers Tower."

"It was a mess," I stated, remembering the scene I saw last night when I tried to get my warning across, "do the Avengers not clean?"

"Ah. Well," he awkwardly smiled, "we were actually attacked last night. By... well, you already know who."

I gave him a confused look.

"Last night. You said Ultron is bad, that we must stop it," Banner reminded me, "how did you know about Ultron?"

"I saw it," I answered, "in my vision. Ultron. A robot. It was bad. It didn't do anything bad in my vision but it felt bad."

Banner frowned before pulling his glasses off his face for a moment as he rubbed his eyes stressfully.

"Can you stand?" he asked, I shrugged, "I help you. I need to get you downstairs to the others."

I nodded and he helped me up off the bed, wrapping one arm around my waist while he supported me as we walked.

"By visions, what did you mean?" he asked as we were walking.

"That's my ability," I replied, "I can see the future. It's gotten... uncontrollable since Strucker. I mean-- it was already pretty uncontrollable when I was with the Hydra team lead by Alexander Pierce but it's gotten worse. I think the future I saw before I woke up, has already happened. "

"What did you see?" Banner asked as we reached the top of a set of pretty fancy looking stairs.

"Ultron," I answered, "it was... recruiting the twins. The Maximoff twins. They were also experiments in Strucker's lab."