{73}- Our Journey to the West | In the Meantime

Hello. I haven't made an author's note in quite a while, so I decided to make one here...!

Arc 5.5's first part is complete, and we'll be moving onto Kararagi! What awaits in the Japanese City in the west?

Hopefully I could get back on schedule with my uploads, sorry about that. February decided to fuck me over a little. Really sorry... I'll upload a lot more during the next three weeks, since it's spring break. I hope I could finish Arc 5.5 before I go on my hiatus.

Cheers and enjoy!

Capella POV

"Meatbags... you failed your job, didn't you?"

The leader of the assassination organization sat atop her throne in her new base, which she situated near Priestella's underground, a place that Y/N carved out for her. And now, she was angered at the fact that her spies failed to keep an eye on her and her beloved.

"Mama, we couldn't!" A member from the former Witch Cult section spoke out, his legs trembling in fear already. "The one who took control of the scene was an Archbishop of Schlizirkel... he called himself Discord."

"Schlizirkel? What's that? Elaborate."

"It's an underground organization that has been roaming secretly for years... they done many misdeeds, but they retained their secrecy until recently. The worst thing is... the one named Discord told me that their true leader is the platinum-haired woman... the one that even you fear."

"Platinum-haired? Wha- oh, her. Pandora, huh?"

Capella stretched out her wings before her dragon claws dug into her throne in anger, but relaxed before assigning a few more missions. "Don't worry, the Schlizirkel won't do us any harm. The key to all of this is Y/N. It's him that Pandora wants."

Haha, you old hag. Now that most of your archbishop puppets are lost, you're going to fire up a new threat, hm?

If you think you can stand against the boy who changes fate itself without your powers... reconsider, hag.

The ones who follow him will end up at the true point of salvation and happiness...

I'm sure of it.

***********************************************************************************************

Y/N POV, Next Morning

"I'm sorry, I think I forgot to mention our new addition to the family." I said as I waved a hand towards our new pet (sort of), who happily munched away at a pan of yakisoba I made in the morning. I was still mentally tired from the trip, so I'm just lying on the bed, too lazy to get up.

"It's eating all my foooood!!!" Sphinx wailed as she scraped some of the leftover yakisoba from the pan I created this morning, stuffing it down her stomach.

Meili, Colette, and Palmyra were very intrigued by the creature, and they continuously petted it. Elsa and Yae regardes to creature carefully, while I noticed that Omega took out her usual note-taking clipboard, scribbling various details.

"You've never seen a hydra before, Omega?"

"Well, I kinda helped Volcanica back then with annihilating dark dragons, and hydras like this little guy here was probably part of the batch. It was truly regretful that I did not get to study them before I casted my Al Shario spells."

"Okay, you mass-murderer..."

Turning my attention back to Chibi Valgren, who saw me looking and attached himself to my shoulder, flapping his wings like a natural.