81

Lillian's POV

I'm currently planning the Christmas themed fundraiser event and-

"Hi Ms. Edwards," an annoying voice chirped.

"Lillian," I plainly corrected her and I watched none other than Mary flinch back at my response.

"How's the Christmas planning going? Kent sent me to assist you with anything for today's task," she took out her tablet ready to take notes.

"No, I have it from here," I was looking around the space I'm working with in this giant-

"He really insisted," she kept bugging me.

"And she's going to really insist that you fuck off," Lana's British accent cuts in as she finishes putting her hair up in a ponytail.

"I don't think you know who you're talking to," Mary stood her ground.

"But I do know who you're intervening on," I challenged her equally.

Mary was hesitant as she eyed me and Lana trying to make sense of things but the doors swinging open echoed in the building.

"Oh marthaaaaa," Stefani's sarcastic voice of mischief was clear as day.

"Uh- Ms. Edwards, it's Mary," she nervously chuckled trying to keep her cool.

"Like I give a shit what the fuck your actual name is. I could call you a lot of things. I'm being merciful not blurting the first thing that just came into mind," Stefani scoffed making Lana conceal a laugh.

"I was wondering where you were, my dad said you'd be the one helping me today with dress shopping," she tossed her bag, sunglasses and black puffer jacket on top of Mary and takes a glance at our venue. She puffs out her collar on her black button up and adjusts her grey dress pants and gold Rolex watch in her black stilettos.

"S-sorry for the miscommunication," she grunted heaving up Stefani's belongings.

"Please enlighten me with what was miscommunicated," she eyed Kent's assistant in the most unsatisfied way.

Even I can remember when we first met, she had that same look- not entirely the same because well, she just looks ten times more fed up.

"I received instructions to be assisting Ms. Edwards today and I assumed-

"Tsk Tsk Tsk," Stefani shook her head.

"Lillian, what's your last name?" Stefani turned to my attention.

"Um- Simmons?" I just went along with it.

"Oh boy, here we go with work shenanigans," Lana snickered as she took out her flask.

"Drinking on the job isn't advised," Mary snarled.

"And ignoring your employer in the middle of a reprimand isn't advised either," Stefani sassed making her flinch.

"Yes- although your father is my employer," Mary's words slipped out.

"My father is going to retire promoting me to be the boss of you and that's if I even have the rat's ass to take pleasure in hassling you for funsies as an excuse to keep you employed, do you really want to start off like this with me? Tell me, what is Lillian's last name?" Stefani turned her by the shoulders and was more stern.

"S-Simmons," she muttered out of embarrassment.

"... then how the hell did you get Edwards mixed up with her? I'm the only female with the status of Edwards for a last name. Who the fuck are you to not only question my authority but associate my name with someone that serves the most irrelevant relationship to it?" Stefani had this dark glare into the young woman's eyes leaving her speechless.