Forced Silence

Roswaal was sitting on the empty chair, no scheming face present, no clownish accent present. He simply held a neutral expression in thought.

Meanwhile Mamoru was standing looking at himself in a small somewhat broken mirror that hung on the wall. They were currently in a small hut that nobody lived in anymore.

The young Mabeast looked at himself in the mirror, while no injuries from his fight with Pandora were present, sweat dripped down his head as he couldn't stop his heartbeat from racing.

The small room was filled in silence as neither of the two people present spoke to one another. Perhaps because if it was any other situation, they wouldn't want to speak or seek the other one out. But this was different.

Pandora had just appeared out of nowhere. The Witch of Vainglory had just attacked them out of nowhere, right after their victory. Well, Mamoru and the rest of his allies victory. It was Roswaal's loss after all.

Mamoru remembered that one time, not too long since his birth, Echidna had told him about Pandora, atleast as much information as she wanted to reveal about the nasty Witch.

She had told him to stay away from the Witch at all cost, he knew that Echidna was serious about this even after he had found out that she was manipulating him. After all, there had been a hint of genuine concern when speaking of the Witch. Her voice held more disgust than when she spoke of something that Satella was involved in.

Mamoru had figured so too, since that moment, he had thought of Pandora as "The Final Boss" his final challange before destroying the Witch cult.

And yet, she had shown up just like that, no warning, no chance to prepare. Right after he was left alone.

Frankly, he gets why Echidna told him to stay away from her. While it is true that he holds the advantage of having multiple Witch Factors, Pandora's Authority is something that he has never seen before and it's most likely one of the strongest Authorities that he knows of.

Not only that, but while she has most likely more than 400 years of experience in using her Authority along with the fact that she most likely had mastered it long ago. Mamoru on the other hand was a being that has been alive for only two months, he can't even use all of his authorities anyway.

While yes, he has massively grown in the last two months. To the point that he'd most likely be able to beat himself from the past easily. It isn't enough, not against that monster.

He sighed deeply, he got ahead of himself. He knows that he has the potential to be one of, if not the strongest, but he has no experience in using his Authorities. Not even a single year.

He glanced at the blue haired mage, who seemed to take his glance as initiative to ask a question.

Roswaal: So, what was the question?

He raised an eyebrow at the mage, he thought about that for a moment before he realized what the mage meant. The question Pandora asked him.

Mamoru: "Who do you think you are to change fate?" Something like that.

Both went silent again as Mamoru looked back at himself in the mirror, he still wasn't calm. He could still hear his heart beating so fast that it felt like it would burst at any moment.

Why?

Why her?

Why fear that disgusting Witch?!

In an instant, he punched the small mirror on the wall, causing it to completely shatter as small shards of glass fell to the ground.

The mage didn't even seem fazed as he seemed to be deep in thought.

He then looked at Mamoru as he spoke.