Chapter- 17

(Ayanokouji's POV continued)

It was an hour since I left the cafeteria, there was a lingering sense of wariness between the students. The events of today afternoon had filled them with suspicion.

What Ryuuen said has created waves through all the classes. Other leaders including Ryuuen were actively trying to decode the identity of 'X'.

On top of that there was a hint of distrust between the Class D students themselves, knowing that someone like 'X' might be hearing your words would make anyone uncomfortable. Except for people like Koenji.

We were all sitting in our meditation class, for most students it was an arduous task to sit in the lotus pose for so long. However, Koenji had no problems doing that. With perfect posture he sat calmly, enjoying the moment.

I saw two proctors nodding at his form. Soon they noticed me, but before they could catch me looking at them, I closed my eyes.

We're being evaluated for every action in this classroom, as there are several cameras placed throughout the room. Our big group had assembled here to meditate, an absentee was something one won't even consider.

"Where's Ryuuen-kun? His friend with glasses is also missing." Our tutor asked Albert who was still wearing sunglasses inside the room.

The tutor's question was only answered by silence.

"Don't know." After a few moments, Albert answered in English. Ignoring a question asked by superiors would be frowned upon in society, thus, causing us to lose points in this test.

Ryuuen and Kaneda's absence was something already chipping away at our points. Whatever Ryuuen is doing, his actions reveal a hint of haste in it.

Since there was no point thinking about it, I closed my eyes and relaxed. Wondering about the questions that didn't have a sensible answer yet, I wish meditation could reveal answers to the world. However, all it reveals to me is what's within me.

Ring

The sound of the bell concluded the session, the third years left the room, following them the second, and lastly us.

There wasn't any enthusiasm that I felt for returning to my room, thus I took a stroll. A variety of students crossed me as all the classes had just ended. I could see different classes being friendly with each other, but again it was hard not to notice the lingering scepticism between them.

On my way I crossed the restroom, Akito was coming out of it as I passed it.

"Ayanokouji. I was going to your room to meet you just now."

"I see, what's the matter?" The possibility that Hirata might've already told Akito about me wasn't out of the question.

Akito looked around for a bit, it was surely a little crowded here.

"Maybe we should talk inside," He invited me inside the restroom.

"Sure."

Following him, we walked towards a corner. There were a few Class C students but I have been working as a messenger for Hirata and Ichinose during these days, so none of it would pose any threat.

"Is there any news from Ichinose? Hirata wants to know the reason behind her actions today in the cafeteria."

"I am on the same boat, unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to ask her about it."

"I see, on another note, Hirata has asked you to meet him in person today. Meeting point is towards the eighteen kilometres course we walk daily."

"That's quite a secluded place to set up a meeting, any particular reasons for it?"

"He hasn't told me anything yet, guess we will know when we meet."

"Alright, I will be there." Akito is acting normal, it doesn't seem he has a hint of what's going on yet.