Beautiful

You and Luisa fell asleep with your bodies intertwined. You were both still nude from the night before, pure body heat exchanging between you.

You got the best sleep in her arms, you felt so safe with her near. She gave you that complete and total comfort that you only really remembered from childhood. It felt like coming home. After so much uncertainty and chaos that had been swirling you lately, she made you feel whole again.

The sun had just barely risen when Luisa stirred. You she softly stretched her neck and yawned. She started to let go of you and it woke you up. You clinched tighter to her as she attempted to release you.

"Damnit" she whispered

"What?" your voice was groggy. You squinted, you could see her hair tousled and messy around her shoulders in the early morning light.

"I thought i could sneak out for a workout without waking you up" She said, snuggling back into your arms without arguing.

You laughed "You should've known"

"You'd think i'd learn by now" She laughed. You kissed her cheek, thanking her for staying in bed with you. She smiled. You had a feeling she enjoyed staying in bed with you as much as you did but she always had to pretend to put up a fuss.

She looked so perfect in the morning light. Her hair messy from the night before, and her freckles sprinkling across her face like stars. You wanted to kiss every single one. You felt so fortunate in this moment, you were the only person in Encanto who got to see Luisa in these kind of moments. You were looking at her so intently.

"What is it?" she asked after a moment.

"I'm so lucky" You whispered

Luisa smiled at you, her hand softly cupped your face. She was so near to you you could feel her pulse. "How so?"

"You're you, a Madrigal, and the most beautiful one and the strongest one. Everyone in Encanto loves you. And trust me, they have all let me know how much they love you and how so many of them wish they were in my shoes. And still i get to be here with you. "

She laughed "Well i'm not the most beautiful Madrigal-"

"You definitely are, but continue-"

"And you're not lucky, you're you. The reason you're the one here with me is because I love you and I chose you. It's not luck, it's better than that. Because luck means I could've ended up with a completely different person and I don't like thinking about that. Maybe i just don't like luck i don't know."

You smiled at her, staring longingly into her deep brown eyes. She always had the right thing to say to have you completely smitten with her. You could tell she cared so much about you. She still never failed to give you butterflies.

"I don't think I like luck either" you whispered. "Maybe fate is better"

She smiled and wrapped both of her muscular arms around you. She hugged you firmly. "Yeah fate is better"

"Good" You kissed her.

"Yeah" she sighed. She Hugged you for a moment, then loosened her grip, returning to look at you in the eye.

"I think it's really important you know you're the most beautiful Madrigal" you whispered.

Luisa blurted out with laughter. "Why is that important?"

"Because you are!" Don't act like you're not."

"Cmon  you know it's Isa" She narrowed her eyes at you.

"Not even close" you said bluntly.

"Dolores?"

"Nope"

"Mirabel?"

"That's a child"

"Tia Pepa?"

"No"

"My mom?"

"Has good genes but no"

"Abuela?"

"Okay she looks hot in old pictures but not as hot as you"

"You did not just tell me you think my grandma is hot" She laughed, joking shoving you away from her.

"It was a joke!" You giggled, trying to climb back close to her. She shoved you once again. You put your wrist to your forehead as if she had wounded you. She got up from the bed dramatically. You were both laughing, she went over to her dresser and grabbed a nightgown.

"Perv" She laughed as she threw the nightgown at you.  She grabbed another one and pulled it over her head. You did the same, it hung loose on your shoulders.

After a moment she re joined you on the bed. You crawled to sit next to her. You gently placed your hand on her forearm.

"I don't actually think your abuela is hot, baby" You whispered.

"Thank god i was worried you might leave me for her." You both laughed. She held her arms open beckoning you back to her. You willingly climbed into her lap, her arms wrapped around you.

"You're beautiful for real, Luisa" You said, with your head on her chest.

"Shhh" She stroked your hair. You sighed, letting it go. Maybe she didn't agree but it didn't matter, you knew Luisa was the most beautiful Madrigal girl. And the most girl for that matter. Everything about her was perfect, and the more you got to know her the more fond of her you became. You rested in her lap for a long while, neither of you saying anything as she sleepily stroked your hair.

"I think i have a problem Y/N" Luisa whispered.

"What is it?" Your heart twanged with worry. You straightened up to look at her.

She was smiling big "I don't think i can live without you"

You let out a sigh of relief. You matched her wide love stricken smile "That doesn't sound like a problem to me"

She grabbed your hand, your fingers interlocking with her. "Thank god" She kissed your forehead.