Chapter Fifteen: Puzzle Pieces

I knock lightly on the bathroom door, but don't get an answer. I knock again, a little harder this time.

"Hoseok?" I ask through the door. "Can I come in?"

"It's your bathroom, Mairette," he tells me. "You can come in if you want."

I sigh and turn the knob, walking inside and shutting the door behind me. He's sitting on the floor, just outside of the shower, with his back pressed up against the shower door. His legs are pulled up a little with his arms draped over the top of the knees of the ripped jeans that he's wearing. His head is hanging down in the middle of the cage he's made for himself with his body.

I walk over and sit on the closed toilet seat, because it's right next to where it is. I reach out and run my fingers through his hair. "Hobi..."

He shakes his head and pulls away from my touch, making me frown and drop my hand.

"Sweetheart, it was just a joke," I tell him. "I didn't mean to upset you."

"A part of me knows that," he says. "But a part of me also wonders if you really want to come with us, or if we're maybe forcing you to."

"Hobi..." I say as I slide down to the floor in front of him. "Look at me." He doesn't budge. "Please?" I say, putting a little pout into my voice.

He frowns but looks up at me. His eyes look damp in the corners and it's hurting me to know that I'm hurting him.

"Listen to me, okay?" I ask.

He nods his head but doesn't say anything.

"I'm not going to lie to you, Hoseok," I start. "I love being on this ship. I love getting to travel around the world without my stupid flight anxiety taking over. I love my students and I love the friends that I have made on board. But do you know what else I love? You, Jung Hoseok. I love you. And Jungkook. The two of you are the other half of my soul and I will willingly follow you to the ends of the earth, just so that I can be with you. I can not stand the thought of being away from either of you. It would feel like my soul is being ripped from my body, so that it can follow you around. I am excited for this new chapter in my life. For my new job. For spending time with you and getting to know you better. For watching you being the mega superstar that you were always meant to be. For getting to share in every little triumph you have. And for getting to watch you top Jungkook, because he just told me that he'd let you."

He doesn't say anything. He just stares at me for a moment.

"Hobi? I...did I break you? Are you okay?"

"You love me, Mairette?" He asks me in a soft voice.

"Oh my God, Hoseok, I love you so fucking much."

He reaches for me and pulls me close as he lowers his legs to the floor so that he can press me up against his lithe body. "I love you, too, Yeobo."

I snuggle into him with a happy sigh and wrap my arms around his body. "I really was just teasing when I said that it's too late now, Hobi. I didn't mean it the way that you took it. I want to be with you and around you. Always."

"Thank you."

"For what?" I ask, pulling my head back to look at his beautiful face.

"For telling me that," he says, reaching out to stroke my cheek with his knuckles. "For loving me. For wanting me."

"How could I not want you, Hobi?" I ask. "You are so damn sexy. You have the most beautiful smile that I've ever seen. You give me chills and butterflies with just a look. And don't even get me started on your hip action, dude. It's off the charts. Not too mention, that you can bring one of the most sought-after men in the world to his fucking knees. It's one of my favorite things to watch. Jungkook is so whipped for you, dude."