~ 32 ~

So the mood at the beach was ruined, seeing someone face covered in blood, Aurora nonetheless, everyone was a little on edge and quiet. It wasn’t everyday that someone crazy came out of the forest to touch on teens and the probability being even less in Forks, so everyone was a little stunned.

“We should all just go home.” Emily signed, her eyes held pity, but she made no move to get closer to the girl in fear of the anger that Leah was currently displaying, “Lets pack everything up.” She mainly spoke to the leftover Shifters that stayed behind just in case something happened.

“Jacob, you're free to take Aurora home, I’ll take Angela home.” At Leah’s suggestion, Angela flinched, she didn’t want to leave Aurora alone, she didn’t think it was good to leave Aurora alone in this state, but Leah did know the girl better than she did.

“A-Are you sure we should leave Aurora alone with a guy?” She didn’t see the person but she thought the creepy hat touched her was probably male.

“Woman.” Aurora mumbled, she clung tighter onto Jacob and lightly pushed to get him moving, “I want to go home to Papa.” She whined, though she only moved with Jacob that stayed a little longer to speak with Leah.

“Charlie’s out at work, so I’ll take her to the station to speak about what happened.” It sounded smart, but he worried about Charlie’s health at times, the man would surely freak out about the incident and he didn’t want Aurora to be kept on a shorter leash than she already was.

“Still take her, Charlie’s gonna kill us if he finds out, Aurora was attacked and we didn’t tell anyone!” Leah scoffed, she didn’t want to tell the man either, but she knew they’ll only suffer more if they didn’t.

“Jacob, Papa please.” She just wanted to leave, “home or Papa.” She didn’t feel safe and she felt tired from the use of her weird talents.

It’s been a while since she floated, lifted, or even controlled something, since there was no need to unless it was to cure her boredom, but the one time she did, she felt tired, drained, and worst of all sick.

“Well, let me finish packing up her things.” Jacob signed, though Angela had beat him to packing up whatever Aurora didn’t finish, stuffing it all in messily but getting it all to fit.

“Already done, take her to Chief Swan!” Angela shoved the bag into his arms, “there's a weirdo in the woods that has their eyes on Aurora, and you're trying to delay the inevitable!” She almost kissed from how angry, and worried she was, “just take the yelling, and get Aurora to safety.” She groaned, she herself was going to deal with a lot of things once this incident got out, especially the problem with Ben.

“W-Who's going to handle things here? Emily just can’t be left alone to do everything.” Jacob almost whined, he really didn’t want to be at the receiving end of Charlie’s anger. The man was beyond protective of Aurora, but the grip the girl had on him was lowkey and painful.

“I can take her home, and Leah can stay to help.” Jared grinned, though the heated look Leah gave him for even suggesting she stay with Emily was heart stopping.

“Sounds like a plan.” Jacob snorted, a smile on his face as he began pulling Aurora away, the sounds of wolves running through the woods filtering into his ears. He moved a little quicker to get Aurora away from the area, because the last thing she should see was a horse-sized wolf.

“I didn’t do that.” Leah snorted, she was going to make a move towards Angela, but Jared was quick to snatch the human up, and ran off towards his car.

“Bye Leah! Bye Aurora!” She shrieked, though allowed herself to be pulled away and shoved into a truck.

“I hate this place.” Leah left, the only people being the human’s that the left over Shifters guided to leave also.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The body of Esme, laid unmoving in the top of a tree. She twitched every once in a while, but she didn’t move from the spot she was thrown into. The Shifters, surrounding the area, looked around in pure wonder. They noticed something was wrong with her, but they didn’t know what, they noticed she was the one that Aurora saw, but it didn’t explain why she was laid up into a tree all weird.

“Looked like you, when that old woman got ahold of you.” Paul snickered, looking weird since his wolf head bobbed side to side, everyone else also laughed, the scene being quite funny since he left looking like an old child’s toy.

“Paul, now's not the time.” Sam groaned, he felt ashamed of that, but it was in the past, he’ll never have to talk about it again, and is free to pretend it never happened.

“Of course.” Paul only looked away, grin still on his face even if you couldn’t tell.

“Should we call the Cullens, because she doesn’t look too good.” Embry frowned, sure it was a Cold One, but they didn’t look so good and it kinda scared him a little to see one acting almost similar to a human when they get real sick.

“She’s on our land, touched and scared a human, and you want to call the Cullens?” Paul dropped his grin, “She’s dead!” He growled, jumping up in an attempt to nip her.

“Paul,” Sam growled, “We should, she doesn’t look good and this could give us more insight about the cold ones.” He didn’t like the idea of them getting away with what they did, but this was something that the elders never talked about nor have they ever seen.

“What?” Quil groaned, he wanted to get rid of them, but that was a good point to have, “link Jacob and have him tell Billy to contact the Cullens, we’ll get her down and watch over her until they get here.” He shifted back, a few out of the group choosing to stay in their wolf form in fear of Esme getting up and attacking, but they were surprised when she just appeared to be asleep, eyes closed, but covered in blood.

“Dudes, that’s freaky! She looks deader than before!”Quil sniffed at her, the scent of a Cold One smelling worse than before but intriguing enough to still want a wife.

“Yeah, this could benefit us in fighting them, or destroy us.” Sam groaned, he didn’t think vampires were heavy, but Esme’s dead weight was truly something to behold.

“Oh yeah, Jacob said he can’t contact his dad right now, he’s taking Aurora home, so I asked Leah to tell Harry to do it.” Paul snorted, Jacob leeching onto Aurora was something no one expected since he was stuck on Jacob, but it was understandable considering she was something admirable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

❤️sorry the updates are slow, been busy making sure the rewrite of 'I'll Kill You' is to my liking and hopefully you guys too😊