𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟳: 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗥𝗮𝗽𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝗜𝗻 𝗛𝗲𝗿 𝗛𝗲𝗮𝗱

Cebell placed her book down on the coffee table as she heard the door open. She pulled herself up from her sitting position and turned her head towards the door to see Eric. He slowly closed and locked the door. But something caught her eye.

Eric was holding a black bag that had a golden logo in the middle of it. His eyes locked with hers and a small smile crept on the corner of his lips. He knew he was gone for too long. The time he took to find her a gift, was enough time for him to walk down a one-hundred-mile road and back. He knew he left her alone for too long.

"I was beginning to think you were dead," she let out a small giggle. Cebell got up from the living room and made her way towards him. With a small smile, she stops in front of him. He places the bag near the door and looks at her.

"It would take much more to kill me." Eric was proud to admit that, after all, he's been through. He's been through hell and back, left in the dark with no one to pull him out, screaming for help when it would just echo.

"And what will?" Feeling ever so curious, Cebell knew she shouldn't have said that. Eric took in a breath, trying to think of how to answer her question.

"A broken heart," he finally lets out a breath. Cebell could feel the redness of her cheeks start to increase. Surely this man has been with many beautiful women. Good and bad. But to get heartbroken, that is a different story. But he hasn't loved someone so much then-

Cebell then placed a hand on his chest.

"If that moment ever happens, I'll mend it back together," she whispers. Eric had to take a second to determine if this was real or not. Her voice was husky, and her glossy eyes are slightly parted. His chest burned for a second, it was almost as if he was yearning for a missing piece of the puzzle in his life.

He grasps his hand around hers and slowly removes it from his chest. He knew this was wrong, he knew if he tried to be with her, his world would come crumbling down on him. It always ended the same and had the same ending. Defeat.

"We can't," he whispered. Eric knew there was something different about her. Especially, today. There was an odd smell that he knew way too well. And he knew the culprit to that one.

"Are you feeling under the weather?" Eric raised a brow and placed a hand on her forehead. For some reason. . . it wasn't warm. It was like she was in a hypnotic spell. She wasn't acting like herself. His hand was cold, colder than ice itself.

"I . . ." With that, he knew she was going to start stumbling on her words. He simply shook his head and took her by the arm and hook his arm under her knees. With little to almost nothing of strength, he picked her up and carried her to her room.

He really didn't care if she protested or thrashed, she needed sleep. But of course, she was more sleepy to do anything. Her head spun like a hurricane, everything around her moved with grace. Cebell's head rested against his chest as she inhaled his scent - - it was truly intoxicating. She enjoyed the moment while it lasted.

By the time the moment was almost over, he adjusted his hold on her and opened her room door. Eric made his way slowly over to the side of the bed, and gently placed her down. But to only have her hand grip onto his suit jacket.

Surprised by her actions he nearly fell over but had to balance himself. He felt a spark in his gut as if he was being electrified. Their lips were so close, almost doing a phantom kiss.

"We can't," Eric shook his head and gently took her hand off his jacket. Within seconds of getting up from a hunched position, she was already asleep.

He knew he should have left her alone for ten hours. Especially, in these times. The mind can go to some pretty dark places when the sun died, and vampires took the city over. He wondered what drove her to do it?

Eric then slammed the doors on his thoughts, and gently closed her door. He stood there for a second, picking up a familiar smell in the air. Knowing it too well, he made his way over to the living room.

Eric's pov

My mind spun with the thoughts of her. The more I see her, the more I'm intoxicated by her. But it was almost impossible to choose between my heart and my brain. I don't want to get too attached - - I just don't want to lose her. Especially, how I lost my brother.

By the time I made my way into the living room, I started to clean up. I picked up a velvet blue pillow and placed it back on the couch. My head turned ever so slowly to the coffee table. There was a small bit of amber liquid in a glass. I picked up the glass and tilted it a bit, making the liquid slide forward. The scent suddenly stung my nose. This was definitely a strong drink I knew well. Jack Daniels. But I could tell by the glass that she didn't have a lot to drink.

I shook my head and chuckled. Looks like she couldn't hold her alcohol very well. Humans could never take their alcohol very well. I remembered the time when my family use to crack open a bottle of wine every day. Vampires could never get drunk, no matter how much we've had to drink. But we prefer blood.

Before the sun had died, my father had purchased the blood bank as a food supply. But it was never enough. My kind was always selfish and greedy, we never had enough. We always had to desire more.

That's why I've stopped drinking blood long ago.

I was one of the many few who wasn't driven by a greedy desire.

I know for a fact that the sun didn't just disappear on its own. The results of that would have caused great despair amongst all of creation on Earth. I've never truly seen the sun with my eyes, the moon was always my sun amongst the dark. Still, I don't know if the sun would actually kill me.

This feeling. . .

It was pulling and nagging at my thoughts. I believe my race or another had something to do with it. There is no way their most valuable star would just disappear out of the chance of fate. The sun was our only weakness besides steaks. Silver never really got to me since I've always had medusa bites.

I suddenly pulled my phone out of my pocket and looked over the unknown text. My eyes were glued to the screen. Something inside of me was telling me not to go to this party. It could be paranoia? But it could be a good time to get valuable intel.

Whatever this party is. . . I plan on getting to the bottom of how the sun disappeared.