chapter 77

I'm a little over 6 months pregnant now so its been a couple of months since we got back from Michigan. I'm still working at the warehouse and it's not too bad.

Ryujin and I are doing okay. She calls and texts me whenever she has time. I really miss her though. It's hard to be in a long distance relationship now that I know how it's like being with her.

Of course, I don't make it easy for myself either. All sorts of thoughts would enter my head such as if she's talking to other girls or if she's flirting with other girls or other girls are flirting with her and how is she reacting to that. Or does she still feel the same about me. Is she getting tired of me. Would she choose someone closer because it's easier.

So far I haven't ruined us yet. I've been able to stop myself from pushing her away. Which is really surprising for me.

I'm in the living room with Eva right now, we're watching her favorite show. My sister is at work and Travis is doing stuff around the house. He's been busy taking care of Karina and serving her. She's gotten even more irritable these last couple of months and poor Travis is suffering. He might not want any more kids after this.

The doorbell rings and I put Eva in the playpen so she doesn't wander around unsupervised. I open the door to see Dana's face smiling at me.

"What are you doing here?" I frown.

"I'm here to take you home" he softly say.

"Are you crazy?" I glare at him.

"I've given you space now, Yeji. It's time to come home. I miss you. I've made mistakes and I know that now" he says.

"You have to be crazy. Especially, for thinking that you can come here and expect me to go back with you" I scoff.

He tries to hold my hand but I smack his hands away and he looks hurt by my action. "Why cant you just come back? We can be that family you've always wanted. I've given you time and space but you're still not going back to your senses. I told you, no one else can love you like I do" he says.

"You know we're over right? I'm with someone else now who actually appreciates me" I cross my arms.

"You're still together?" He furrows his brows.

"Yes? Why wouldn't we be?" I say, feeling annoyed.

"I really thought its just a phase you're going through" he answers honestly.

"I have to go" I say about to close the door but he stops it using his hand.

"I'm trying to stay nice here, Yeji. So either you come with me or I'll make you come back" his tone changes now.

I look back to see if Travis is nearby but unfortunately I think he's in the backyard. "Don't make a scene here, Dana" I say.

He grabs my arm and pulls me outside. "Dana! You're hurting me!" I try to break free from his grip.

"I don't care! I tried to be nice but you're still being a bitch!" He says.

He walks into the house while still holding on to me. He shuts the door then presses me up against the door. He sighs, looks down then looks at me while trapping me, "I'm trying to be patient with you, Yeji. Do you really think I would let you go that easy? Eva is my daughter, that baby inside your stomach is my baby. What gives you the right to take them away from me?"

"You barely even showed that you cared for Eva" I say and he slaps me.

I touch my cheek and hold my tears in. I'm not letting him see me cry.

"Back away from Yeji before I kill you" Travis walks in from the backyard.

Dana turns around to face him, "Stay out of this. It's none of your business. This is family issues."