21 - Epilogue

[lowercase intended, helps with my dyslexia :]]

"i actually have to re-introduce you to some people," y/n said casually as she and william walked through the streets of los angeles. william looked around at the sudden change of scenery from the bright white room. "how..?" william asked. y/n looked over at william and smiled. "the afterlife entrance is la, we can go wherever you'd like in a bit," they explained. william nodded and squeezed y/n's hand gently as he followed them through the crowds of people.

there was almost entirely mid-twenties, early-thirties people around, which confused william.

"why is everyone so young?" william asked as he watched a few children run by. "after you die, your body takes on the form of whichever part of your life you enjoyed the most. usually it's early adulthood but you can see any age here." y/n explained, turning a corner into a neighborhood where expensive looking houses were lined up.

"who are we meeting?" william asked. y/n looked over and smiled, "you'll see." william sighed at her response and nodded. he didn't like not knowing what was going to happen.

after a minute of walking, y/n turned into a driveway and walked william to the front door, opening it.

"i'm home! i have someone with me!" they yelled out.

immediately, fast footsteps sounded from around the house. three people ran into the foyer of the house, making william's eyes widen and tear up when he recognized them.

"william, you recognize these three, right?" y/n asked, a small knowing smile on her face. william nodded as a tear fell down his cheek.

"daddy!" the young girl exclaimed, running over to her father. william picked elizabeth up and held her close in his arms, crying into her shoulder as she hugged him tight.

y/n looked over at the two boys, michael and evan. michael was about 15, evan was about 7. evan grabbed michael's hand while michael looked over at y/n, an anxious look on his face. y/n just nodded at the boy, a comforting smile on her face. michael took a deep breath and began walking towards his father, evan following close behind.

"h-hey, dad.." michael whispered, his voice breaking slightly. william looked up from elizabeth's shoulder and put her down quickly before latching onto michael, whispering apology after apology.

michael just let his arms hang at his side as he held back his tears. though when evan guided his brothers hand to his fathers back, michael broke and clutched onto his father, beginning to cry as well.

evan walked over to y/n and held onto their leg, leaning his head on her side. y/n smiled and placed their hand in evan's hair, waiting for michael and william to pull away from each other.

"i'm so sorry, michael.." william sobbed, clutching onto his son's back. michael let out a choked sob and held onto his dad tighter as well. "i'm sorry i put you through that hell. i'm sorry i made you practically torture evan. i'm sorry you got scooped. i'm sorry you thought you had to undo everything i did. i'm so sorry." william whispered, his voice breaking quite a lot. michael just shook his head, gripping william's dress shirt in his fists.

after about 2 more minutes, michael pulled away and looked up at his dad, a forgiving smile on his face. a small smile, we can give him that, but it was there.

william looked over at y/n and saw evan standing close to them. william smiled and wiped his face, crouching down and opening his arms for his youngest son. evan smiled and ran over to his dad, hugging him tightly.

the hug was obviously an apology to evan as well, but he was to young to understand what happened to him was his dad's fault, and william didn't want evan to feel the pain michael felt all over again.

evan pulled away from william with a happy smile on his face. "i missed you," evan stated, his sentence innocent. tears welled in william's eyes once more but he blinked them away, smiling at his son,

"i missed you too,"

706 words!
published 2-26-22

a few people commented they wanted this and i felt inspired.

this is the last chapter of this, i hope you enjoyed !

also- 31k views??????

THANK YOU????2!;$/&;&38(!!3!:&2$;