XIX - amechania

Chapter Nineteen - Amechania

─══─━══─⊱✠⊰─══━─══─

Oria, the Kingdom of Earth, with it's vast unexplored forests and magnificent landmarks, it is a land that attracts many.

Fenix, the Kingdom of Fire, filled with glorious mountains and countless hills, abundant with natural resources, this land is perfect for cultivation.

Zephyr, the Kingdom of Air, a flat land with tall grass and the occasional rolling hill, it is the perfect place to be in the air.

Typhis, the Kingdom of Water and Ice, this beachy resort is filled with large canals intertwining to make a utopia of rivers and oceans.

Nabia, the Kingdom of light, this kingdom of old is famous for its religious monuments and bustling towns.

Bane. The Kingdom of Shadows. A rocky land filled with raw materials and mighty volcanos, this land is surrounded by raging waters, scaring away any brave traveler.

These Six kingdoms are mighty alone, however, there is an old wives' tale that segregates these kingdoms even more. The tale depicts six mythical guardians that protect the prosperity of each kingdom; The Orian Dragon, the Fenix Demon called Ifrit, the Zephyr Griffin, the Typhis serpentine Hydra, the Nabian angel Andras, and finally the Wolf of Bane. These six creatures protect and safeguard the wealth of the kingdoms but they also create a hierarchy... Even to those who do not believe in the guardians existence, they believe in the hierarchy.

But these mythical creatures do exist, they take care of each kingdom and its people. Luckily the guardians are on rather good terms- the last time they got together, everything went smoothly... but that was nearly 500 years ago. Surprisingly, the guardians of Oria and Bane are close friends, I mean, anyone would be if you were mistaken as the wrong guardian. Confused? Let me explain. Funny enough, the guardian of Oria is the wolf while Bane has the Dragon. The humans had switched it because Bane was "exactly like a wolf": independent, violent, proud, and territorial- how could the great Oria have a wolf for a guardian!? Solution: change the story. Despite the Guardians trying to correct the humans' story, it never changed... and after a few hundred years, the guardians gave up.

So here I am, praying that the man behind me with his irresistible face and perfect hair is not the dragon of Bane who so happens to disrupt my dreams. "Who are you?" I asked once more, watching through the mirror as the man gently tilted his head to the side, his snowy white hair shifting as if it were silk. His mouth stayed shut but I heard that baritone voice of his echoing through my head. "You know who I am, Ezra Kingston... or shall I call you by your real name?"

My real name?

I felt, and saw, my crimson eyes widen in realization. This man knows my name. My name. Slowly I nodded, wanting to hear my name. If this man knew it then, perhaps, something would change? This time the man's lips moved, the syllables of my name rolled off of his tongue, sending shivers down my spine. Slowly I realized what it meant... This strange man knew I wasn't from this world... I started to grow worried. Was this man plaguing my dreams to send me back? I know it might sound strange but I actually like it here, if you subtract the kidnapping and possibilities of death, it's not a bad place to be. Still, what will this man do with the knowledge of my unusual existence?

"Zephiroth, little human. My name is Zephiroth, not 'that man'."

His voice jolted me out of my thoughts forcing me to refocus on the ma- Zephiroth. I watched Zephiroth for a moment, I had questions but my mind was utterly blank. His beauty, his voice, and the fact that he was real had stunned me into silence. Before I stuttered out some stupid question there was a loud knock at the door. I jolted and snapped my head towards the bathroom door. "Young master, are you alright?" Kamai. I worriedly looked towards Zephiroth but the white haired man had disappeared, leaving me with another very attractive man. There was another knock with Kamai asking for me again. "I'm fine! Just-" I opened the door, looking up at the taller man. "I just had to... Freshen up." I tried to smile but Kamai didn't look too convinced. Still, the butler nodded and stepped aside. "Would you like to stay here or go to class, young master?"

Oh right, I'm still a student. But still, I was literally just kidnapped- do I look like I want to go to class? Kamai suddenly smiled and bowed. "I urge you to stay here and rest." It was as if he had read my mind, and right now- after meeting Zephiroth- I wouldn't put it past the chocolate skinned male. After a moment I stepped forward, my eyes briefly staying on Kamai. "I'll stay, I don't feel like dealing with little kids." I walked past Kamai and straight to my bed, my mind on a certain man's silver eyes and white hair.

I was so preoccupied with laying down that I failed to notice the confused expression on my butler's face. Apparently it was unusual for kids to call their peers 'little' in this world... Considering I'm mentally not a kid, it didn't feel strange. Before I was able to shuffle back into the comfort of my warm bed the door opened and in popped Tilly. I only glanced at the young woman but I soon found my body engulfed in a warm hug by the maid. Soft lavender hair tickled my neck as I tried to get a glance at the woman. "Tilly?" I asked, stunned to have her suddenly hug me. Tilly had done this before but this hug felt desperate. "Oh, young master-" She cried, tightening her grip. Her actions and choked-up tone caused my chest to swell and my heart to squeeze with a feeling of breathlessness.

Before I could grab ahold of my emotions, hot tears fell from my eyes. Those tears were painful, not only physically but emotionally as well.... and the realization that- through everything that has happened- this was the first time I had let myself cry, and, well, it only made me cry harder.

─══─━══─⊱✠⊰─══━─══─