nijuu ichi

                                   MAYUMI SIGHED, looking over papers that were left for her

MAYUMI SIGHED, looking over papers that were left for her. While the heavy feeling was back, it wasn't completely unwanted. Nervous anxiety was gone, flashbacks pushed to the back of her head. The door closed on that part of her life, only opened when she wasn't paying attention.

"I heard about what you did to that man back in Spain." Mayumi glanced up at Saiyama.

"It hurts you think I wouldn't do something like that. Someone was bound to get the sharp end of the sword. The corrupt are everywhere." Saiyama gave her a deadpan look.

"He's suing Theodore."

"If Theo doesn't resolve the issue then have someone who will." Mayumi rolled her eyes, swishing back and forth in her chair.

"You gave your brother free reign over how to handle Spain. I don't think he would appreciate if you were butting in."

The woman looked over at her second in command.

"I'll give him time. If it's not solved I will intervene."

"Anzai-sama, not everyone has the same means to end a problem like you. I'm sure Amos-san will take care of it."

Mayumi rolled her eyes, going back to looking over papers. She pursed her lips, looking down at the past years revenue. It was a good year, having only been the second since the start of the Izanami Mafia. While they grew at the start of the year, once word came out about who the boss was, the numbers went down. Less people to pay and take care of, as Mayumi would tell herself. Numbers are good, truly, but what good would they do if they couldn't contribute to the cause.