17

your entire body freezes when you hear rindou speak from behind you. when you turn around, rindou and ran are right behind you, staring into your soul. as you look around for an escape route, rindou grabs your wrist.

"what do you know?" he questions you, tightening his grip.

"nothing that involves you!" you slap his hand away, and for the moment that the both of them stand there, shocked, you take it as your moment to slip past them, sprinting off the sano property and down the street.

you can hear their heavy footsteps behind you, and you fear they may catch up to you. you take as many twists and turns as you can, the sun rising in the sky as your stamina depletes.

"you can't run from us, y/n!" you can hear ran yelling at you, and that makes you even more scared. you didn't realize how crazy they were until now – how dangerous they are.

and you can't run from them, but you can hide. just as you turn a corner, you slip into the first door you see, crouching down to the floor to avoid being seen as they run past. you wait a few moments until you cannot hear their footsteps anymore, and finally let yourself breath.

"why are you in my house?" a voice startles you, and the lights suddenly switch on. in front of you stands a boy with a burn scar over one of his eyes. you don't notice his appearance much, only noticing his toman uniform. oh shit.

"i'm sorry- i was hiding from someone." you quickly grab the doorknob and rush out of the house, noticing a particular person across the street. emma sano. you hear a motorcycle approaching at rapid speed, and you know what's happening.

"EMMA! GET AWAY FROM THE STREET!" you yell, and she just stops and stares at you in disgust, she doesn't trust you. taking matters into your own hands, you sprint across the street, running to where she and takemichi are. pushing her out of the way, you feel something hit your head.

"hey, what are you doing?!" she yells, but you don't answer as you fall to your knees, blooding trickling from your head.

"kisaki...try, to... kill you." is all you're able to get before your body falls to the ground fully. someone walks up to the scene.

"what's goin- y/n?!" the boy runs up to your body, crouching down while turning you on your back. mikey looks at his sister and takemichi with wide eyes, "what the fuck happened?!"

emma looks terrified of what just occurred in front of her. of all the people that would save her, it was you, the girl she's hated ever since she's met you. but thinking back on it now, she doesn't remember why she hated you when you guys were younger, she only had a 'reason' to hate you once the rumors kisaki spread reached her ears.

"s-she ran from that side of the street- and she pushed me out of the way from kisaki's attack, but got hit instead. she says he was trying to kill me... she knew he was planning to kill me..." while explaining, she realizes you knew what was going to happen.

"well don't stand there! we have to get her to the hospital!" mikey picks you up, ignoring the disgusting feeling of your blood on his hands.

with you on his back, he does his best to hurry you to the nearest hospital, and soon he hears you speak into his ear.

"mikey...i'm sorry for betraying you-"

"don't say that-"

"no, everything's my fault. i left with the haitani's and joined your rivaling gang..." you take a shaky inhale of breath before forcing yourself to continue, "i left you behind despite you being the only one there for me..."

mikey can feel your body growing colder in his hands.

"no, no, y/n stay with me!" he pleads desperately, and glances to the side when two bikes pull up beside him, being alerted by their engines. hanma is riding his own bike, dressed in his tenjiku uniform while kisaki is nowhere to be seen, and takemichi is attempting to ride mikey's bike.

"give her here." hanma reaches out a hand, and mikey hesitantly passes your unconscious body to hanma. with a single look at you, hanma starts to feel a bit anxious.

mikey thanks takemichi and gets on his bike, immediately speeding off to the hospital behind hanma. he doesn't care if he's absent during the fight, he's not losing you.

UNEDITED.

a/n: one of my dear reader gave me the suggestion of making y/n go "dull" / "numb" if you know what i mean, and i'm kind of wanting to do that now-

also dw you're not dead