surprises (requested)

"Can I look yet?" Rosie impatiently whined as you continued to guide her down the hall.

Your hands were covering her eyes and she was so desperate to push them away and get a glimpse of where it was that you were.

But she resisted the urge, no matter how impatient she is about finding out about whatever it is that you have up your sleeve because you're so excited and it's making her heart skip a beat.

"Not yet." You chuckled. "In a minute though. I promise."

You looked at the numbers on the wall and continued to walk until you saw the one on the wall that belonged to the room you and Rosie will be spending the next few nights in.

"Don't look." You said as you pulled your hand away from her eyes to unlock the hotel door, putting the key inside it.

It beeped a few seconds later and you walked inside, moving out of the way for the bellhop who was carrying your luggage for you.

"Thank you." You kindly spoke and watched as he left the room.

You took one more look around to make sure everything was perfectly set up before Rosé whined again.

"Can I please look now?"

You playfully rolled your eyes before pulling your hands away.

"Okay, okay. You can look."

She opened her eyes and a soft gasp left her lips as she looked around the room.

The hotel room you rented for the next few nights was perfectly set up.

You managed to get someone to put some birthday balloons in the room for Rosie, as well as a couple of bouqets of flowers for her on the bed, where there were also some flower petals tossed on the sheets as well as the floor.

"Oh, y/n." She softly spoke as she turned to face you, her eyes brighter than you've seen in so long. "This is beautiful."

"I'm happy that you like it! I've been planning everything out for the last couple of weeks. We'll be staying here for the next few nights."

Her smile dropped and she let out a sad sigh instead as she took your hands into hers.

"Baby, I would love that but I have a lot to do-"

"Not for the next few days, you don't. I managed to get you out of everything for a few days so you can enjoy your birthday here. Surprise!"

The sparkle in her eyes returned and she threw her arms around you to hug you tight.

"I got you a few gifts, too!"

"Y/N, I told you-"

"Not to get you anything." You interrupted. "I know. But I didn't listen. You know I don't."

She rolled her eyes but a smile immediately tugged at her lips when you took her by the hand to lead her to the bed.

"Here. Open them!" You excitedly said as you sat on the bed with her.

You put a couple of gifts onto her lap but she shook her head and put them back onto the bed, making you frown.

"I'm sure they're wonderful. Whatever you got me, I'll love it. But for right now, I just want to hold you."

You didn't have time to protest as she laid down on the bed and pulled you on top of her, causing you to squeal.

She giggled and stared up at you in adoration. She brushed a lock of hair behind your ear, her big brown eyes that were full of stars locked with yours.

You turned to look at the clock for just a second before looking at her.

"It's almost nine. Your birthday is just a couple of hours away!" You excitedly said.

You made sure to bring her here now, so you can be cuddled up in this cozy hotel bed when the clock strikes midnight, and you can celebrate however she wants on this beautiful vacation whenever you wake up in the morning.

"This is the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me on my birthday. The flowers, the vacation, this beautiful room. Time for just me and my girl. A few days where I don't have to worry about anything and I just get to do whatever... it's perfect. The best way to celebrate my birthday."

"It's what you deserve, my love. It's your special day." You smiled and watched as her eyes moved from yours and down to your lips.

You closed your eyes and leaned in to give her a passionate kiss.

"You better start thinking about what you're going to wish for. I'm taking you out tomorrow and I'm buying you something sweet and I'm going to make sure to sing you happy birthday."

"That's so sweet." She chuckled and began to brush her thumbs across your cheeks. "But I don't need to think about making a wish. I don't have any wishes to make."

"Why not? It can be for anything you want, anything that big beautiful heart of gold of yours desires."

"No. I'm good." She insisted. "I've got everything I want and need right here."

You grinned from ear to ear and leaned in for another kiss, only to be taken aback as she rolled over and made you roll onto your back.

She giggled as she pulled you in for a kiss, her lips moving softly against yours.

"I hope that you enjoy every minute here, Rosie. I hope that you have the time of your life and you take every second to relax and unwind and that you're just so, so happy while we're here."

"I will, I promise." She whispered as she put her forehead on yours. "It's going to be the best birthday ever. I already know it."

She put her lips back on yours and gave you a few more kisses before pulling away, a soft sigh falling from her lips as she put her head on your shoulder.

She kissed your warm, soft skin as you wrapped your arms around her to hold her close.

You just wanted her to enjoy every second here.

Her special day is just a couple of short hours away and you want it to be the best one she's had in a long time.

No worries, no stresses, just a heart full of happiness and love.

She deserves the world and you plan on treating her like the queen that she is while you celebrate her birthday; one of the best and most important days to you.