Chapter 41

Inei's POV.

The King of Demons........

Is finally dead.

After a thousand years........

Of fighting..........

It's finally over.

But it's not yet over.

Inei: Everyone who can still move, move and help the injured!

We did just that, I returned to Shinobu who is safe and beside Kanao.

Shinobu: Inei.........

She then pulled me into her arms and embraced me like there is no tomorrow.

Shinobu: *sob* *sob*

Shinobu: I'm so glad..........

Inei: Me too..........

I also returned the gesture.

After a few seconds, we parted and we know there is still work to be done.

But.......

I feel anxious because......

Tanjiro.....where is he?

I began searching the devastated battlefield but there's a lot of rubble.

Until I stumbled upon Mitsuri-san and Iguro, lying next each other.......

I entered the Transparent World and I saw that their hearts had stopped beating.

I gave my respects.

Inei: May you two be reincarnated in your next life, as husband and wife.

I called a Kakushi and notified them of Mitsuri-san and Iguro.

Also, Kaburamaru, is on top of Iguro's corpse.

I guess I'll let them have a peaceful burial.

I continued my search, and I found Gyomei-san along with the other weeping Kakushis.......

And from what I can see, he's already dead, the curse of the Demon Slayer mark finally took it's effect.

As for me, I didn't feel any weakness, I guess this mark will serve as a reminder of this day.

I went closer to the Kakushis who are weeping Gyomei-san's body.

Inei: Come on, let's give him a proper send off.

Kakushi 1: Yeah.

Giyuu: Saito.....!

Tomioka-san arrived who is heavily injured as he lost an arm and his haori is already torn.