𝐃𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 // 𝐂𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬 𝐄𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐬

Your age: 13

Summary: Your friends don't know about your anxiety and panic attacks, but when you tell them, they start treating you differently. And not the good kind of differently. Chris assumes its just hormones when you become quieter and start refusing to go out, but finds out exactly what happened after he overhears you talking to Dodger.

A/n: Having anxiety is super duper tough. Panic attacks are even worse. I know because i suffer from both of these things. You're not alone, you're strong and I hope things get better for you. I'm writing these type of oneshots because I want all my readers to feel recognised. Feel free to request anything, and I'll research on it (or take things from personal experience) before writing. Also, the incidents in this chapter are entirely based off of personal experience. 

So, this chapter is based off a real-life incident which happened to me about two years back, a little before COVID.

For those of you who have anxiety/panic attacks, I hope you're okay and lmk if you can relate in the comments!

------------------------------------

School was tough. Being a 13-year-old teenager with anxiety was also tough. But being the daughter of Chris Evans while going through the other two points? Life could become a living HELL. 

Everything started off normally. You woke up, walked Dodger, (your 'real' best friend, as Scarlett called it.) ate breakfast and hurried off to school as usual. You were feeling more anxious than usual, and and constantly texted your dad for reassurance that he was okay. You couldn't exactly stop worrying, because you thought that if you stopped worrying, bad things would happen. 

Dad💙🤍

Mini Me
Dad, if anything goes wrong, please text me.
Seen 8:21 a.m

Dad💙🤍
I will, champ. Don't worry.
Seen 8:22 a.m

Mini Me
You're okay, right? What about Dodger? Is he okay?

Seen 8:22 a.m

Dad💙🤍
I'm okay, Dodger's okay. I'll message you if something goes wrong, I promise.
Seen 8:23 a.m

Mini Me

You better.
seen 8:23 a.m

Dad💙🤍I will. Now I have to go for a photoshoot, I'll be back soon, bud. Love you <3Seen 8:24 a.m

Mini Me

Love you too
Seen 8:24 a.m

You sighed and put your phone away, your mind shifting to the other thought which began to plague your mind. You got nervous, thinking, 'What if I have a panic attack? Oh god, why is Aisha looking at me? Hold up, can she see me getting anxious?' Usually, whenever you'd start to overthink, Dodger would either lick your hand, or nudge it with his nose. 

"Hey, Y/n!" Grinned Aisha, one of your best friends. "H-hi, Aisha." You stuttered, smiling nervously. One of your other friends, Allan, asked, "N/n, you good? You don't look so...well...okay." 

"Shut up, dumbass." Ella smacked him upside the head, "You don't just say something like that to a girl!" 

"Jeez, okay. You didn't have to hit me, fuck's sake--" He muttered, rubbing the back of his head where she'd hit him.