Chapter 1:Ayanokoji Kiyotaka

How do you determine if someone is truly a genuine person?

Is it when someone help the other's without expecting something in return?

In the internet or social media, you would see lots of people helping other's,

they donate their clothes and stuff,

they raised funds for charity, they give money to the beggars in the street.

That is actually good and all.

However, can you really say that those people genuinely want to help others?,

You would see most of them were recorded in videos before they give money to the unfortunate ones. They would act nice and a very lovable person when the camera is on, but what are they like if the camera is off?

I've been curious about this, i wanted to find someone i could really put my trust,

someone i could have faith,

Someone i could depend on, and..

i found someone...

........... no...

... i thought i found someone.....

In the end...

I can only trust myself,

I will make sure that the past will not happen again,.
.
..
.
.

(sigh)
.
.
You, the one reading this,

yes..you,

don't look back i'm talking to you.

Do you have someone you could call a friend?

What if your so called friend isn't what you thought?

What if your friend was just wearing a mask that hides his/her personality?

I was lost in my thoughts as the bus stops when an old lady got in the bus.I was currently staring at the view outside,and glanced at her in the corner of my eye.

She looks around to see that all seats were occupied, even the priority seats that were supposed to be for people who cannot stand on a moving bus ,

She glanced to a blondie haired man wearing the same uniform as me, who was currently brushing his hair while looking at a mirror, she had no choice to stand up and wait for her stop.

I saw a beige haired color girl observing the old woman that is already having a hard time standing.

A woman who was also standing then approach the blondie haired man and told him to give the seat to the old lady.

"Can't you see the old woman in front of you?,Don't you think it's only right to give her the seat, since it was set aside for children, elderly, the pregnant and those with disabilities?!" the woman said.

"A debate in the morning i see, however lady, i don't have any reasons to give my seat to an old woman." the blondie man said as he

"Huh?!, Isn't that obvious?!,...." they continue to argue to each other as they gathered the all of the attention on the bus.

Sigh, an argument really first day in the morning?

The beige haired girl was about to approach them and i take that as my cue. I knew she was going for this

I stood up and went to the old woman.

"I'm sorry for not noticing you earlier ma'am, please take my seat as i saw you were having a hard time" i said as i accompanied her to my seat.

The old woman sat on my seat as she pinch my cheeks playfully. please don't touch me

I gave her a slight smile as she reaches inside her bag and gave me two pack of homemade cookies.

To think that i would also had free food, but i don't eat someone else cooking who knows what they put in there.

"You don't have to give me anything i help you since it was only natural" i said.

Bull**** i almost vomit to my words.

She insists on giving it to me, so i take it and thank her.

" You should be like this young man right here, atleast this country still had a person as nice as him" the woman said as she praised me, the other's started looking at me like i am some hero for doing a good thing.

All according to plan

"No, i only did what other's would do in this situation" i said as i scratch the back of my neck.

"Not only his helpful but also a modest person" someone said.

The journey continued as the beige haired color girl approach me.

"You were really great in there,i was about to help them when you gave the old woman a seat" she said.

'Tch, this bastard taking my spotlight now'she thought.

"Thank you, i think everyone would do it though, it' s nothing really special and you are.." i said as i look at her.

"Ahhh! I'm Kushida Kikyo, from D class, nice to meet you um..." she said as she asked me for a handshake which i accepted.

"Ayanokoji Kiyotaka, what a coincidence i am in D class too" i said as i gave her a slight smile and i notice a faint blush on her cheeks.

My practice weren't for naught, I ask Matsuo-san on how i could not be mistaken for a robot and for some other reasons.

I could somehow predict that he might be a good person but i only interacted with him for a week and most of the times i ignored him.

I built up a wall so high since i learned it the hardway not to trust others,not to be vulnerable, not to believe their sweet little lies, and not to share your innermost secrets.

"A-Ayanokoji-kun your eyes are getting a bit scary, are you okay?" i heard her muttered it seems like i unconsciously leak some of my darkness.

"ahh, sorry Kushida...... - san, i was just not used to standing in a moving vehicle"

"Ohh so that's it, i thought you didn't like my company, you could just use my name without honorifics, also are you okay?, i  have some candy if you are feeling a bit dizzy"

"No one wouldn't like a company of a cute girl like you Kushida, also thank you for this but it seems like were already in our stop" as soon as i said it the bus stops and we get off on it.

"Let's go Ayanokoji-kun, i will make lots of friends in this school and you are my first friend here" she said enthusiastically.

Yeah, friends..

"Alright, i'll just throw some trash in there" i said as i point to the bin which she nodded.

I glanced to Kushida a bit when i was near the trashcan and she was busy on greeting others, what a friendly person.

I then throw out the cookies that i receive from the old woman.

"I'm sorry for making you wait, let's go, Kushida," she nodded as we went inside the school.

I wonder if i could meet someone like Matsuo-san in here.

To be continued..