Chapter 15

☆☆☆☆☆
He knew everything
☆☆☆☆☆

A cold breeze brushed past my skin as I shivered at the sensation. Small drops of water hit the ground, forming into small puddles that were ready to be jumped on and splashed around.

Outstreching my hand, I felt the cold water land lightly on my fingertips. 

It feels, satisfying...

Water started to gather on my palm, it slowly filled up as I still kept it outstretched. It collect more and more water Then everything started to spill.

The rain dropped much more harsher now.

Everything started to spill.

Pouring all the water to the side, I wipe my hand dry before continuing my way towards work.

I find this Ironic; Yesterday was scorching hot, even with all the Airconditioning inside I was still drenched in gross sweat and Now It's pouring.

Suddenly, I felt a cold chill run down my spine.

Unfortunately, I forgot to bring a sweater.

"Officer (Y/N)! Please wait!" Someone yelled as I instinctively look back.

Clay was practically sprinting towards me, splashing the puddles harshly at his every step which made me back away for a sec.

The more He neared me, I felt an urge to run as to not get wet because of him.

He was closer now but his pace didn't falter.

He Almost collided into me and fortunately I  moved out of the way just in time, resulting in him meeting face-first onto the wet Street.

He held something up though, a small bag of sorts and I think it's the first time of me seeing it.

It's partially wet, maybe from the rain

"Can you take the bag? I don't want it to get wet anymore"

I grabbed it out of his hands as he pushed himself off the ground, looking at the partially wet bag he said, "I think you should hold it for now, something inside is expensive and not waterproof."

I look at him wide-eyed as I held the bag more securely, he took the umbrella from me as he chuckled.

"You bought something expensive but you don't have an umbrella?"

"I thought I could just outrun the rain"

I look at him as if he was stupid.

And he's the Head Technician...

"Hey! The rain was light when I walked out of my door."

"You're a disappointment"

I teasingly held out the bag, away from the Umbrella's protection as his face reformed into somewhat of a panic.

"No! Inside's my new Macbook! I need it for work!"

Glancing back at him in shock, I hugged the bag securely close to my chest now.

"...the way you're holding it now, I feel like you're claiming it as yours"

"Cause it's mine now"

☆☆☆☆☆

"You should change your clothes, you're soaked from head to toe," I said the moment we arrive just outside the entrance.

There was a small parapet covering us so I took off my umbrella, shaking it a bit to dry.