Chapter 16

"Okay, what in the world just happened?" Camilo asked as he vigorously scrubbed the paint-stained floor

"Okay, what in the world just happened?" Camilo asked as he vigorously scrubbed the paint-stained floor. It was quite a workout he must say, but he didn't mind, he gets to spend time cleaning probably the whole day with his crush.

"I'm not quite sure myself, I woke up from a weird dream that I barely remember to just suddenly painting mindlessly." A soft voice replied from the doorway, she held two cups of coffee in her petite hands; carefully setting the warm coffee on the now cleaned table.

The painting was still flipped from behind, both teens fervently refused to dare touch the darn thing. That was the cause of their unwanted waterworks spilling from their eyes for unknown reasons after all, curse that painting, the two of them grumbled under their breaths. What a way to start their mornings.

"What made you come here so early in the morning, anyways?"

"Cariño, it's already 9 A.M. it's not early anymore."

"Just, just answer the question."

Camilo smirked as he stood up from the floor, wiping his hands on his pants as he turned to face the girl, who patiently awaits for his response. He took her hand and neared it to his face, his eyes bore straight to hers as if he wanted to tell something else but decided not to, he then gently kissed the back of her hand and finally spoke:

"I wanted to ask you if you wanted to spend the New Year's with me this month, I heard from Isabela and Dolores that they'll be getting fireworks and everything."

"I just ate dinner with your family already, now you're inviting me to spend the New Year's with your family too?" The girl inquired, quite baffled at Camilo's bold actions, it had her heart racing faster than Antonio's friend Jaguar.

"You're not spending the New Year's with mi familia, mi Luna. I want you to spend the New Year's with me, that is if you'd let me."

‘If it's not so much to ask, I would wish to spend the Christmas Eve with the Viscountess herself, if the sweet moon would generously let me.’

"Just the two of us? Alone?"

"If possible, yes. Just the two of us." He confirmed, interwining his hand with hers as he awaits for an answer. His smile never leaving his freckled face.

"Okay." She breathes, tightening her hold on his as she never broke her gaze with him even for a second. She watched as Camilo neared her face, his breath tickling her skin, leaving small goosebumps on the back of her neck. Unconsciously, she closed her eyes—merely awaiting whatever is about to happen, happen.

"Let's continue cleaning, shall we?" He whispered on her ear, his voice sending satisfying shivers down her spine with each syllable he uttered.

She didn't know what she was expecting, but she can't help but feel woefully unsatisfied of what just happened. Lower your expectations as they all say.